“Just what we needed”
Review of Hotel Cielo

Hotel Cielo
Ranked #14 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I usually stay all inclusive. This time we wanted to do a lot of diving and tours, so there was no point in spending the extra of we weren't going to stick around the resort. I'm so happy we stayed at Hotel Cielo. We were conveniently located near the beach, bus depot, ferry terminal and lots of shopping! We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank burtsbees4me
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you burtsbees4me for your review. Sorry everyone.....I have been slacking a little with my responses....but I'm back on the job !!! We are delighted that you & your husband enjoyed your stay & had a great vacation experience. I too used be a fan of the all inclusive until I discovered Playa del Carmen....what a great little beach town, has so much to offer & we are happy you took advantage of it. We know there are many hotels in Plays Del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to your return to the beautiful Riviera Maya.
Steven Krisztin

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I'm female and I have traveled solo throughout the world. I've received far too many unwanted comments and advances, so I always prepare for the same no matter where I go. But at Hotel Cielo, I felt protected, safe, at home, and at peace. The joie de vivre of the people who work at Hotel Cielo and the adjoining restaurant was enough to make me want to go back as soon as possible. There were no plastic smiles and forced efforts; the employees truly gave of themselves effortlessly. When Miguel was overheated in the hot sun of the front desk, I bought him some ice cream. Why? Because the place/people make you want to give *back*! Shower water: perfect. Bed and room: Mine (no unnecessary knocking at the door like most hotels). Thank you, Miguel, Abraham (and one more whose name escapes me) for giving me a home for the week and allowing me to feel quiet inside. Thank you, Hotel Cielo, for your internal beauty.
--Suzanne

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RubyDeux
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you RubyDuex for taking the time to write your review. Nirvana......Yeah, we like that. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & had a chance to experience our warmth & charm. Thank you for mentioning the staff, they are a large part of our success & being part of the Cielo team is being part of a happy family. Thank you you for your kind words & Please.....stop feeding Miguel !!! LOL. We know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we hope to see you when you return to the sunny Mayan Riviera.

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

This place was amazing, staff and owner were all helpful with everything from suggestions to organizing a cab at 330am. great location also. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Vadarren
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you Vadarren for taking the time to write your review. We love Awesome... well, at least we like to think we are. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay & had a great vacation experience. Thank you so much for highly recommending us & we really appreciate the kind words. We know there are many hotels in Playa Del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we look forward to your return to the beautiful Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

First off the front desk guy is friendly, honest,gives great advise and there is free internet. Rooms were kinda small for price charged but was clean. Location is a stones throw from main street so that's great.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank eerobat
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you eerobat for your review. Although we are not happy with your review, we will have to accept it as constructive criticism. Sorry that you did not find the room large enough & especially for the price,,, with rooms starting at $59 ,50% off breakfast, 10% off lunch & dinner most find it a great deal. Well, we never had this complaint before & so.... for our future guests who might be scared that our rooms are like a shoe box, our smallest room is about 250 sq feet with bathroom (approx 12' x 15' w/out bath) So for those of you daring enough to stay in our little sardine cans , we will give you a free can opener so you can enter your room. OH....I'm just having a little fun. I can not make the rooms larger but I will definiteley have an approx. square footage on our new website so our future guests will know exactly what they get. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Caremen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & if you decide to return to the sunny Riviera Maya, please try one of our larger rooms.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Hotel Cielo gets better & better! I've stayed 4 times now and will definitely return. The first night we stayed on the first floor which was convenient but the restaurant next door opens early so we were woke up a little too early for vacation. We moved to and this was the first time I've stayed on the 3rd floor which was great...very quiet. I was happy to see safes installed. The hotel is just a few blocks from the bus station so it was a quick walk to the hotel and just off 5th - everything within walking distance. We had excellent meals...most notably Mannys & El Fogon where I always go for tacos de chorizo & tacos el pastor....I crave those tacos when I get back to the states! Also Abraham was very helpful and a valuable employee. Way to go Hotel Cielo!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TexasTravelerIV
HotelCielo, Owner at Hotel Cielo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank you Texas TravelerIV for taking the time to write your review. Well, we like to think we are a Great Hotel & we are definitely getting better & better....thanks for noticing. Once again, we are delighted that you had a wonderful vacation & that we were able to create a great vacation experience. Thank you for mentioning Abraham, he is an asset to the Cielo team & is giving Miguel a run for his money....lol, watch out Miguel. Our entire staff is wonderful, We couldn't ask for any better.....we are very fortunate. We know there are many hotels in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Hotel Cielo & we definitely know we will see you when you return to the sunny Riviera Maya