My husband and I stayed here March 9 - 14 with two other couples. We are all thirty-somethings that like to relax on our vacations and have a good time. This is the second year in a row that we have went to the RIU Palace Rivieria Maya. The service at this resort is amazing. The entire staff waits on you hand and foot. It has a nice beach area and is a brief walk (or a $7 cab ride) to downtown Playa del Carmen. It is in a gated community so we always felt safe. There is also a market area with a Starbucks that you can walk to within 5-10 minutes in this gated community. The room is a decent size however it does have a musty smell (same smell as last year). The food is pretty good, my only complaint is the lunches become boring (almost the same menu for lunch each day). We really enjoyed the steakhouse (Chili's) for dinner. Other member of our group thought that Krystal's was the best. We all had a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * The hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya is located directly on the white, sandy beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Playacar, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels. The 400 spacious and elegant junior suites are set in the 3-storey main building, with its delightful architectural style and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens. * Next Village / Location Playa del Carmen 2.0 km approx. * Next City Cancún 60.0 km approx. * Airport Cancún International Airport (CUN) 55.0 km approx. * Main Building 3 floors 400 rooms * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Riviera Maya
- Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen