Stayed here for a corporate sales meeting. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are appointed with high end finishes and everything feels very new. I stayed in a casita room which was quiet and private. They have free bicycles you can use to get around the property but since they are first come first serve your bike may be taken by another guest when you park it at the beach! The spa/gym facilities were really nice. I didn’t have any treatments but did use the locker room area with steam, spa, etc and it was really relaxing.. Be careful about leaving anything valuable in the lockers…when you leave the locker area I noticed staff lurking in an untrustworthy way.
I would consider staying here for a vacation if the customer service was better and the price came down. For $300+ a night in Mexico I expect more. The night I checked in it was over 90 degrees in my room and the air conditioning was broken. The bellman said it would eventually cool down. I had to call for engineering later that night for help because the room felt like a sauna! They were able to improve it but the temp in the room never dropped below 75 the rest of the week which is too hot for me.
They wouldn’t allow me to change rooms since I was there with a group. I also wrote a letter to Fairmont and didn’t get any resolution. If they could have handled this situation better I would give it 5 stars. Since I gave them several opportunities to accommodate me and received no response I have to rate it much lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 45 acre Fairmont Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, a AAA 5 Diamond Award property, boasts 401 rooms and suites, including a collection of beach and lagoon casitas, offering guests extraordinary views of the grounds. Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can take advantage of several recreational activities on property including exploring nature trails on foot or BMW bikes, scenic boat tours on lanchas through crystal clear canals, sunbathing on the soft white-sand beach or at one of the property's several pools, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and catamarans), outdoor tennis and paddle courts, golfing on the renowned El Camaleon golf course (host to the only official PGA TOUR event in Mexico), lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School or being pampered with signature Mayan treatments at the luxurious Willow Stream Spa. Children and teens have a space just for them at the Discovery Club or at the Teens Room by Sony PlayStation(R). Fairmont Mayakoba's commitment to the environment has earned the resort several awards and accolades including a seal of verification by Rainforest Alliance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia and Expedia so you can book your Fairmont Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Fairmont Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Fairmont
- Fairmont Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen