“Great time again”

The Royal Playa del Carmen
Ranked #13 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Everything was perfect, Here is a list again of the workers I see and love: Jaime pool guy , the guy that takes all the pictures don't now his name but great, hector from tequila bar, spice Jorge ,damion , David and many more thank u again, will be back next year or sooner since I am a gold member , Ryan

Room Tip: Online check in
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2012

“I went to The Royal for my Goddaughter's wedding. In all my many years of travel, this was the best resort I've every stayed at. My Goddaughter sort the help of a company called Beach Bum Vacations to help her plan the destination wedding. The concierge, Carey Driscoll asked only a few pertinent questions and provided the couple with more than they could have asked for. Carey found the perfect destination for her and her 28 guests. The wedding coordinator, Denise took her vision and made it a reality. The resort is impeccably clean (no bugs!), pool and beach were very clean, the food choices were great and the staff was so friendly, helpful and professional. This was nothing like you would experience in Cancun. I plan to visit this resort again within the year and I plan to use Carey for all future travel. Thank you Royal and Carey for making my daughter's dream come true!”

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Nestor O, General Manager at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Please receive our deepest appreciation for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort and are looking forward welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We recently returned from a trip to Playa del Carmen where we stayed at The Royal Playa del Carmen. I cannot speak highly enough of this all-inclusive resort. The hotel itself was beautiful and well maintained with great restaurants. But what really made it stand out for me was the impeccable service. Everyone I came into contact with from the front desk to my maid to the activities crew to the maintenance crew to the wait staff was courteous, helpful, and so welcoming.They all worked so hard to make my stay (and, of course, everyone else's) top notch. I'd like to say a particular thank you to Omar, Danny, Jorge, Dennis, and Theresa for making the activities so fun; to Veronica Garcia, our maid, who did a great job and made me feel really special; to Estella, who forever was bringing us delicious fruity drinks by the pool; to Alberto, who helped guide me through my many questions; and Hilario, for his beautiful smile. Thank you all for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Brooke D
Nestor O, General Manager at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort and are looking forward welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I had an amazing stay at this hotel.. Amazing food. And great yoga classes with Jorge and Danny. Shows were amazing at night. Had the best time!

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Brittani33

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay at our beautiful resort and will be very honored in welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The royal was excellent for my wife and I. The rooms are beautiful, the housekeeping does an amazing job!=) On the Picina JOrge( Sergio Mayer) Danny, Teresa, Omar, Danny, Dennis....those guys ROCK....I love the games, yoga ,Bike ride> Igonna come back.!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Betty-Gary

Dear Guest,

We would like to express or sincere appreciation for your feedback and comments and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoy your stay at our wonderful resort and would be very honored in welcoming you back in a near future.