All reviews havana moon beach club vidanta resort central lobby green break blue fish plunge pool del lago nuevo vallarta master room timeshare presentation main pool shuttle service riviera maya timeshare guy time share cirque du soleil show
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I want to say thank you to the Vidanta Riviera Maya for an excellent week at The Grand Bliss. This resort and its property are without a doubt 5 Stars. Once you enter the resort you immediately notice how extremely well maintained everything is and that’s unbelievable with how massive the place is. The Grand Bliss’s building is beautiful, set off in the jungle we thought would be a problem but it wasn’t. We had a Master room (studio) and it was great. The size was huge along with a large bathroom and great shower. Not much to watch on television when you are in the room if you don’t speak Spanish. No sports not even NBA Playoffs, as a matter of fact no sports on the entire property other than soccer. The Grand Bliss shuttle service wasn’t bad either; as the week went on we got very use to it. We never waited longer than 5-10 minutes for a ride and the drivers were super nice. We spent most of our time at The Beach Club and words cannot describe how beautiful it is. Special thanks to Julio for the excellent pool side service. All of the pools on the property were very nice and MASSIVE. Only wish there was a dedicated adult’s only pool. Kids were everywhere on this property including the swim up bars where we ordered our shots of tequila next to group of 10 year olds ordering virgin daiquiris. We did not like that at all. There is more than enough space at the Vidanta to have an adult’s only pool. The food at the pool was all excellent and we ate lunch there at The Beach Club every day; in fact all of the food at the resort was great. The dinner buffet at Del Lago was our least favorite not a lot to choose from. Gong restaurant was our favorite ate there twice. We did not eat at Azur but heard it was great. We were not trill to learn that only Grand Luxxe guest can eat at The Burger Custom now, that sucked and no one was ever there. I notice that some people complain about the beach here but it sure is pretty to look at while lounging at The Beach Club. We are not getting in the ocean people; we just like to look at it. The beach area around Havana Moon right off the main pool is stunning with the palm trees and white sands. I’m telling you this place is unbelievable and spectacular which was my word for the week! We did go into Playa del Carmen twice while we were there. We used the resort shuttle once to get there but taxi to get back from Playa. It was a very simple process but the last shuttle leaves for Playa at 6pm and back to the resort at 9pm, we wanted to stay later of course and watch NBA Playoffs at Tequila Barrel which was great. Oh we had to wait 45mins at the airport for the resort shuttle to arrive to take us to the resort. We didn’t like that.
All in all this place and its staff really impressed me and my wife big time and we are looking forward to returning next year but before then we are going to try to visit their property in Nuevo Vallarta it is supposed to even more impressive.

Room Tip: If I had to choose it would be third floor one bedroom suite...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MKing456803
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

We were greeted by Caroline, a cheerful and helpful front desk consierge. Our well furnished 1-bedroom was very comfortable and once a day the housekeeper made the room look and smell as it did on the day we arrived. We want to say an extra "muchas gracias" to Yaretzi and Isabel for their excellent care of our room! I know that we will return for another "Blissful" week in paradise!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016

We went to Grand Bliss this past May. Had a wonderful time and weather was perfect. Lots of activities throughout the Vidanta Resorts. Fabulous restaurants and fun entertainment in the Santuario. Wished we had an ocean view, but it is what it is. (That is why I gave one less star. The front desk kept giving us different answers each day we called to check if an ocean view opened up.) Special thanks to Vincente in the Tramondo restaurant bar. He makes amazing drinks and his mixology class is well worth the small cost. Omar Olivo was our concierge at the Grand Bliss and he went out of his way to make our 30th anniversary special. The services at all the restaurants were great. Azur french restaurant delicious and evening sunset views amazing, as was the Costa Arena restaurant (servers Ramon and Rodriguez fantastico). Also a must try is the seafood paella at Chiringuito. While the resort can keep you happily fed and entertained the entire time, I do recommend renting a car for a day or two and venturing out to the beaches to the north and the surfer town of Sayulita.

Room Tip: Try for ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

We arrived with our 19 month old at The Grand Bliss after a confusing maze of wrong turns made by our taxi driver who had as much trouble navigating to the hotel as we did (at first) figuring out the inner workings of our stay.

Our check in was smooth and quick. Nice welcome. Warm towel to wash hands. Then we get a welcome from the timeshare guy. "Oh it's not a time share presentation, it is a 'disclosure' of the ways we have changed our ways and offer more to the owners".

Even with the promised 10% discount off hotel incidentals and a waive of the $75 resort fee, I really did not want to sign my life (or their claim of 1 hr and a free breakfast with your disclosure host) away and attend. But, I figured I am not buying anything they try to sell me, and if I can just exit quick and be stern maybe I can save $200 or so total and keep it quick... Yeah right, right?!

The stay was great. The room is massive, well designed, jacuzzi tub (yes not BEST quality, and a bit loud, but still nice to have), rain shower nice toiletries...
Bed comfort is just ok.

TV is decent. Average amount of channels.

Room service takes too long. Always 45 min+.

Food quality varied, but not bad. Average+. Maybe poor if you consider the price you're paying to stay actually.

Restaurants very hospitable and well trained. Quick service. Humble and gracious staff. Quality varies but better than room service. The smoothie place at the spa was probably the best.

Spa. Rocks. Great massage therapist Mimi. Super nice very professional.

Shuttle driver Pedro was our savior. Such a great guy. Would come back just to see him again.

"Grand Bliss" pool - not at the hotel but a 10 min walk or quick shuttle was amazing. Family friendly. Good people. Beautiful and close to beach. Orlando was the man. So accommodating and nice. All the pool staff was superior. Even gave our little one a free OJ and it was super tasty. This was the best part of the stay.

Other pools more fat drunk jerks type and while large with cool amenities they are so large that you've got to walk 5-6 minutes just to get around the place from one side to the other. Not functional for many types of people. Not enough towel stations. If you are older or physically inept or handicapped in any way, or just lazy while on vacation, you will find a lot of these inconveniences throughout the stay.

Overall, these inconveniences in the large, perhaps huge, layout of the facilities, may be enough to derail your stay if you are not an easy traveler. What do I mean? I have traveled with some family that walks into a hotel and acts like they are a celebrity because they paid $1000 a night to stay there. They demand things. Free upgrades, discounts...They want to be waited on hand and foot. This type should stay away. You'll hate every minute. Let me explain.

Here are some issues we had:

- turndown service came between 9:40 PM and 10:20 PM on 3 separate occasions during our stay. Once, WITH the don't disturb sign up. We have a young kid with us. We are dead asleep at this time. If you pay that much to stay, they should at a minimum KNOW what rooms have young families, or keep your service at more reasonable hours. 10 pm is not an appropriate time to even ask to enter someone's room. Especially uninvited.

- laundry supposed to be delivered by 8 pm. Didn't get it until 5 pm the next day after multiple calls and check ins. Again, I don't care, but if you're that type of traveler, these things crop up and will irk you. They shouldn't happen at a place of this supposed caliber, but they do. "It will be at your room in 5 minutes" was 3 more hours.

- beaches... Gorgeous but rocky shores. Not safe for kids, older adults, people without water shoes on, poor swimmers. I swam competitively in college and ocean events, surfer etc. For me, I found it awesome, but 95% of people won't find it even workable. They can look at the water and that's about it.

- Shuttles take way too long at night. Some waits were 30 minutes. End of a long day that's the last thing you want to do. If I paid $1300 a night... I'd be really mad.

- only food and wine available through room service. Should be all drinks. Anything you want to be honest. They'd make more money and guests would be more liquored up and happy. Like at the pools. Food and drink prices are more than fair (others have said opposite-not true at all). Again, quality average and inconsistent between items. Caesar salad great. Steak tacos bad. Etc.

- no atm available. You have to shuttle to another hotel. That's just plain inconvenient.

- timeshare presentation was so long and super pushy. 3 hrs+! No one person sells or pushes too hard, but you get funneled through 4 others on your way out once you've finally defeated your original host, which adds more and more time wasted :(they do deceive about what it is, but again, it is a sales based industry. You should understand that going in, but, it sucks regardless. But, you can't really blame them. Too much...)

Do your homework before staying here. It isn't for everyone. If you don't want to walk or wait around a lot, or don't have a lot of time here, it is NOT for you. There are too many things that will bother you. Stay at a smaller resort and gain some niceties regarding the issues above, but perhaps lose out on the large scope and grand quality of the hotel(s) overall. It's a tough call.

We will probably come back. We really did enjoy most everything and had only fond experiences with every single staff member. Grand, beautiful, crocodiles, flamingos, countless pools, lunches at huge expansive lagoons and beaches, good food, good people. With our time share exchange we stayed a week and it cost us $200. If we were paying full price... It's a toss up. $5600 for a week?? Not for us, but if money is no object you'll be happy overall. If you're a laid back and decent person.

Thanks to all the staff!!! You guys are the reason things were colored so nicely for us!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
9  Thank Keith R
Reviewed 23 May 2016

This is the second time I have visited this resort, the first was this past November when I stayed at the Grand Palace but on the same property. I will start with the good; check in was instant it was completed directly at the Grand Bliss property (there is some ugly I will save it for later). The room was impeccable, clean, large with everything I had been promised upon booking. The meals were delicious and economically priced as were the drinks. The staff work very hard and are always smiling. The Italian and Asian restaurants were stunning and felt like a 5 star restaurant in a large city and the food equally as good. We did not have a meal ever that we didn't love.

The bad; the resort is extremely large which requires a golf cart shuttle to get around, you can walk on the walking paths they have laid out but in May it was just to hot. We had to wait for the shuttle to go back to our room or the beach or supper and its just plain inconvenient. The resort does its best to be fast and are non stop but personally I would prefer a resort small enough to walk. The beach is disappointing if you like to swim in the ocean, you can't do that without beach shoes. It's great for snorkeling but really not for just hanging around in the ocean. Again this is a matter of personal opinion and not the fault of the resort.....just pointing it out. We had a one way free shuttle as part of our week and weren't told it had to be on arrival not on departure and would not make the exchange which was a real sticking point with me.

The UGLY; the time share is an absolute deal breaker for me. I have a time share that's how I ended up at this property, I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER ONE. The first lie we were told was just after check in a lady approached us asking if we had already signed up. She said the week we had booked was a promotional week and we had to attend an hour long presentation on the new Hard Rock Resort and that would give us the %10 discount and our resort fees waved and that it was mandatory. We were actually kind of excited as the Hard Rock is somewhere I'm really interested in. She clearly said it had nothing to do with a time share. On our way the next morning we asked for directions and if it was a time share presentation and we were then told it was a legal presentation that was mandatory on the fees of time share and it's changes. Once we were hearded into what felt a death trap I immediately asked if it was a timeshare presentation and he wanted me to tell him what I pay a month for mine and the fees and it was at that time I exited this trap. Shame on you Vidanta for telling lies when there is no need. When I purchased my time share it wasn't because I was tricked into it it was because we had decided to purchase one prior to even going. I will never return to a Vidanta property nor will I suggest my friends go when I had been doing since my last visit in November.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the beach as possible, no matter where it is you need a shuttle.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple