“Excellent alternative to a resort.”
other travellers have booked this property
small shared pool
kichen/ living /dining area view from living into one of the bedrooms
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
kichen/ living /dining area
view from living into one of the bedrooms
front view of building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ScubaSimo...
Toronto, Canada
“The theme of this place is bring your own, stay in squalor, and pay for everything.”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

This place has only two redeeming qualities. The first is the price which is dirt cheap which is great since dirt is what you get. The second is the wonderful staff they are extremely helpful at trying to make your stay bearable with the ridiculous upkeep and rules set by the owner who claims to be a local resident of Playa but when we talked to the staff she lives in Spain and is never there. They do not mention that you have to pay for all water past the first jug which is needed for everything since water is not clean. There is no TV yet the description says to enjoy their movie collection which you are supposed to watch on your own computer if you thought to bring one. The place is INFESTED with bugs. I would take food out of the fridge and in seconds it was crawling with ANTs. The was dirty broken furniture around the place the provided cookware was mismatched and not even enough to use for a place that presents itself as cook their. Kinda hard to eat when there was 2 forks 12 knives and 4 spoons only. Forget wine glasses and the rest of the glasses were too few and not anything useful. The oven did not work and we and all the staff could not figure out how to make it work. They stole a kettle from another room to give us one when the room listed as having one. And they were only lucky to find one after searching rooms for 30 minutes. The Owner does not promptly respond to e-mails and in fact accused me of not sending one after she didn't respond to the 3rd one I sent and I checked everywhere and know my way around computers (my parents own a software company I grew up with them) Yet I was told to check my junk folder repeatedly after I had already. The furniture is designed for a Giant as the closets in the bedroom have upper cabinets 10 feet in the air. There are ridiculous noise rules that only serve to charge you more money for instance 50 dollars if another guest complains about noise after 9pm. But the hotel gets the money not the guest. So the 3 times I would have complained about noise I didn't bother not wanting to line their pockets. I could keep going but am sick of writing this review... TO sum it up.... DO NOT EVER STAY HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE AND THE GUTTER IS FULL.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing, some things made it bearable, but nothing was liked.
Liked least: The bugs
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dear guest,

I am sorry that you hated your stay so much that you took the time to write a horrible review a year later!!

I am also very sorry that you were not happy that I was on holiday myself during your stay I didn't realize that I was included in the dirt cheap price!!

The dvd's that were mentioned at the time of your stay were for guests using laptops, now we have installed tvs in all our apartments, they are still for veiwing dvd´s only.

All our kitchenware has been renewed.

The pool is small, it IS the same one that appears in the pictures, but our guests can also use the pool at our B&B if they like.

rcow186
“The place is located well. You have to realize that is is very basic with no air conditioning”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This is a decent basic apartment better suited for young people who are most interested in economy and location. Property managers are very nice and helpful.

Liked best: location
Liked least: hot and very basic
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Jun 2015
Dear guest, I have no idea where you may of stayed,but all our apartments studios and B&B rooms have airconditioning!!!!! I would be very greatful for more information on who you are and when you stayed!

LZ87
Puebla, Mexico
“MUST REA: !!!!COCKROACH EVERYWHERE IN THE APARTMENT!!!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We spent a week in one of these apartments and it was a nightmare. On the first evening, we found out three coakroachs in the bathrooms and bedrooms (not mentioning the other insects and lezards). That was for the first night but there were plenty of them the whole week, we were scared to come back home at a certain point and could not cook of course. You can not flush the toilets and they stink 24/7. The personnel is not nice at all. If you ask them something, you clearly feel like you're bothering them. It's like they dont care and don't even hide it. The backdoor of our appartment was constantly open, we asked many time for the key (or at least that they close it). They smiled to our faces and told us it would be done but nothing changed. The pool is a joke, only kids can use it. In the middle of one night, there was a drunken fight going on right in front of our door.... A guard is supposed to be there but he apparently didnt mind the fight. The garage is dirty and pretty complicated to access. We chose this place because of all the other positive recommandations but I am 100% sure they're lies now. I have been highly disappointed by this place and would never recommand it to someone I care about. This may have been a nice place at a certain point in time but it is a DISASTER now. Thank God Playa del Carmen is heaven on Earth and you dont have to spend too much time at the apartment.

Travelling group: En famille élargie
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Non.
Dear guest,

I am really sorry if you found so many creatures in the apartment, our cleaning team do their best and we fulmigate every month, I am not sure why this issue was not reported to our recepcionist so it could have been sorted out!

SimonBesh
Regina, Canada
“Excellent alternative to a resort.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed here in March 2014, for 8 days. We were impressed when we walked into the apartment. It is very nice inside. It's a bit of a walk to get to the beach, but gives you an opportunity to find a few gems along the way. Vanessa was extremely helpful throughout our stay. She set up a rental car for us for a good price, and has a whole bunch of activities to help you book as well. I will stay here every time I am in Playa from now on. Don't hesitate! The only thing our room was lacking was a tub, but that's minor. There were plenty of pots and pans for cooking as well. Great value. Feels like home away from home.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
30 Mar 2014
Dear Simon and Amanda,

It was really nice to meet you!! and even nicer to find out that you enjoyed your stay with us :-)

I hope to see you back soon!!

Vanessa
AZOCouple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Warm Weather Escape”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Very friendly staff. Clean and comfortable condo. The surroundings of the neighborhood were typical for Mexico. The condo was safe and the walks through the streets near the condo were safe, secure parking under the condo building. Markets, shopping and the beach are within an easy walking distance.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
23 Jan 2014
Dear Douglas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will meet again!

Best regards from all the team!

Vanessa
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing