My husband and I just returned from our first stay at the Playa Maya and I guarantee we will be back. On our three previous visits to the area we stayed at a nearby all-inclusive and while we enjoyed our stays there, this was a completely different experience in so many ways.
By staying at Playa Maya, we were forced to branch out in search of food and drink and we discovered so many great places to eat and just hang out with a drink or two. The Playa Maya, located directly on the beach, was also a popular spot where locals would stop for the day and it was enjoyable to watch their little ones at play in the sand and water.
The staff of the Playa Maya went way above and beyond to make our stay remarkable. Yuls, Marie and Pablo at the front desk were always cheerful and ready with helpful advice or just a hello, good morning, how was your day, etc. The guys on the beach were eager to help, beginning with breakfast, followed by drinks or munchies enjoyed under our umbrella on the beach. It doesn't get any better than this. The hotel was very clean, our room spacious and we didn't want for anything the entire week. Like I said, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen