We just returned from our 1st trip to Playa del Carmen and can't say enough about our stay at Playa Maya. The location is great and the hotel is safe, very clean and well maintained. Bathrooms are modern with good water pressure and the AC works well. We had a flat screen TV in the two rooms we stayed in. We had to change rooms mid-week due to availability and for us, the jacuzzi room with no view turned out to be our favorite. (The other room we stayed in was Studio A near the pool which has a queen bed and trundle as well as a table for 4 and kitchen area which is probably perfect for a family or someone who doesnt want stairs ) the jacuzzzi room was oversized, the king-size bed was comfortable and the bathroom and shower were pretty large.After a day in the sun, we enjoyed having our own private garden room open to the sky but shaded by trees. It gave us privacy and a place to sit outside our room which was perfect if one of us was sleeping etc. We were also able to sit outside when it rained. There is always a place available to lounge on the beach and the staff is nearby to assist if you need anything whether it's an umbrella, a drink or lunch.They don't push - they just keep an eye on things and appear when you need help. Breakfast on the beach is included and delicious. Lunch couldn't be beat either so why go elsewhere -- we never left the beach during the day. The staff is excellent and helped with anything we needed. When we first arrived, they simply appeared to carry our luggage across the beach to the hotel since Calle 8 deadends at the beach. Although this not a fancy luxury resort hotel, you will have everything you need and more. The refigerator was stocked with some drinks for our enjoyment and a large bottle of water was delivered daily. It is a testament to Playa Maya that most guests were repeat customers and the staff mentioned their goal was to make sure we relaxed and enjoyed our stay so we would come back -- they've got it right IMO. The hotel is one block from all the action on 5th Ave and we enjoyed walking and people watching each night after trying different restaurants. For transportation, we relied on Cancun Shuttle as recommended by the hotel and had no problems - we did call to confirm a meeting spot when they picked us up at the end of our stay since there is no car access to the hotel and we didn't want any problems getting to the airport. It worked out perfectly. We will definitely return to Playa Maya and recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Maya is right on the beach and centrally located, just 1 block from 5th Avenue, the heart of activity in Playa del Carmen. Our unusual off-street location and beach-only entrance make us a very tranquil base from which our guests can easily explore all the shopping & nightlife of Playa, along with the other wonders of the Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Del Carmen
- Playa Maya Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen