We stayed here over easter so it was extremly noisy, drum & bass festival was on accross the road until 6am. So the next morning when we requested to change rooms the reception didnt seem to care/ bother that our room was impossible to sleep in with the noise- so we bought ear plugs. It was only on the 3rd night that we were able to change rooms (and pay) for a better room away from the noise- which was much much better.
We had an issue where we ordered a taxi to pick us up from the airport but we waited 25 minutes and it did not arrive, so we had to get one there. The hotel tried to charge us for this and had a row with us for a 'no show' how could we be a no show at the airport? What was more irratating was that every morning on our way out to Playa they would ask us what happened with the taxi- so it ruined our stay at the hotel.
Apart from the customer service, the hotel is beautiful, especially the pool, and its in a great location! Jan was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kinbe is a fusion of lush tropical garden setting with distinctly chic shape that gives a soaring charm in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Close to the 5 Avenida, just 50 meters from the Caribbean Sea. The impressive reception, the particular pool, the stunning waterfall and the panoramic terrace are the enchanting of the hotel. The unique shape design of the rooms offers the guests a feeling that each room was designed especially for them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kinbe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kinbe Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Kinbe Playa Del Carmen
- Kinbe Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen