7,749 results
All reviews blue moon el charro dolce vita pool bar japanese restaurant entertainment staff privilege area privilege beach foam party privilege guests quiet pool beach area privilege package our favourite coco bongo activity pool main bar
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in. The grounds are well kept with lots of wild life to see. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern kept very clean and all have fridge and safe(which is free to use). Towels were changed every day and bedding regularly. The bed was enormous and the views from the balcony were great too. We were in block 26 near the swimming pools. The meals were very good with a great choice of food. Which for me was good because I sometimes struggle when away for a fortnight. There was a choice of 4 other restaurants to use each evening which were great and you didn't have to book, just turn up. These were excellent like eating in a 5 star restaurant. The pools were well maintained and popular. The animation team were always friendly and organised morning activities and pool parties etc in the afternoon. We were slightly disappointed as we are not of an age to do the pool parties and there didn't appear to be any alternative activities. I was looking forward to the archery as my daughter had been to this hotel 2 years ago and did this most days. When I asked they said they no longer did this for safety reasons. I usually take part in darts, boules, shuffleboard etc at hotels we stay in and none of these were available. However I am nit picking as the team do try hard to keep everybody happy. The entertainment on an evening was between good and some very good usually acrobats singers etc. The beach was nice and sandy either side of the hotels wooden walkway. There was quite a lot of seaweed when we were there but they have gangs of workers continually clearing the beaches and this didn't affect me swimming in the sea. There are some nice walks either way from the hotel, along the beach. I travelled with my wife and two friends and we really enjoyed our stay. I can certainly recommend this hotel to couples looking to stay in Mexico.

Stayed: March 2018
6  Thank YORKSHIREGRAHAM
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ocean Maya Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear YORKSHIREGRAHAM

Thank you for choosing our resort as the host for your past vacations. We are thrilled to know that your past visit to our resort was enjoyable for you and your wife, and that overall you had a great time at Ocean Maya Royale while enjoying the great variety in our offer. We are greatly thankful that you took a little bit of time to share your comments and observations with us, as it allows us to evaluate our performance and continue to improve our resort.. We hope to have the privilege to host you again soon.

Best regards
Ocean Maya Royale family.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ocean Maya Royale in August of 2016. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, and would most definitely return. This adults-only resort is BEAUTIFUL! The rooms are modern, clean, and well-maintained. Given that this resort is relatively small, you have immediate access to all of the amenities they offer. There are daily activities by the pool, and a foam party on Friday’s. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The food is mediocre, but nothing tastes the same when you’re on vacation! I enjoyed the Italian a la carte, and the breakfast buffet. One of the biggest perks about this resort is that they provide unlimited a la cartes... Some resorts only give you a few vouchers.

My boyfriend and I booked two trips while staying in Mexico. We went to Xel Ha, and Coco Bongo. Both were excellent!

Overall, we would highly recommend this resort. I can’t say enough positive things about it!

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Megan L

Dear Megan L

It was an honor to have you as our guest at Ocean Maya Roye during your recent vacation. With reward we read that your experience was satisfactory and that you appreciated the friendliness and good performance of our entertainment team. We want to restate our gratitude for your preference and for taking the time to share your comments on this site. We look forward to host you again soon.

Ocean Maya Royale team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 weeks in this hotel and enjoyed very much the beautiful kept grounds and and the small villas. It is located about 10min drive from Playa del Carmen which is fantastic. Our room was located at the end of the resort with partly sea view and partly garden which was excellent as we like nice and quiet relaxing holidays. Room was good size with comfy bed , just the bathroom is little bit small with only one sink, the housekeeping team did amazing job every day ! Restaurants were all good but we mainly ate at the buffet where you had a lot of choices and food was really tasty. The only let down was beach as it’s partly build and partly natural ( but we knew this when we were buying this holiday) and gym too old could do with some refub. Also dress code rules could be addressed to some guests as not everyone was wearing appropriate clothes in the evening....
I just wanted to say big thank you to all servers and barmen, bellboys,maids etc .., working really hard , always smiling and saying hello, I know they don’t get paid well so there is something to address to management:) I am sure they will work even harder. And for the guest tips are not expected for service but they really appreciated.
I would recommend this hotel and we will consider it for our next stay in Mexico for sure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 389janak

Dear Jana K

It was a pleasure to host you at Ocean Maya Royale during your recent vacations. We are pleased to know that you had an excellent experience while enjoying our facilities and services, as well as the service provided by our team members. Thank you for your preference and for taking the time to share your comments on this site; we hope to host you again in the near future.

Ocean Maya Royale team

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We pick this small resort because Adult only and room are situated in little villa. It has very much tropical fell to it. The room are spread out and there are a lot of animals roaming around. All staff and service are outstanding. Japanese Restaurant Yookoso only Restaurant take reservations at 5:30, usually fill up pretty quickly. The performance of chef Israel was very good but the quality is not the best. Italian La Dolce was our favor, try get there before 7 to catch the sunset. Service, food presentation and quality is top notch, will highly recommend this one. All other restaurants and buffet was sub par, there is alway a lot of selection but quality is not that great. Mike cafe is great place to enjoy cup of latte after meal. There were also a lot of tour companies working at the lobby area if need to book a tour make it very easy. Trafic Tour make it booking very easy.

Few con

1. Villa 37 next door build has construction so make it very hard to sleep beyond 8am.

2. Over all Food quality can use some improvement

3. Reserve your seat by the pool by 8 am if you plan on enjoying the pool side, we find out hard way on third day. Management need to do something about it. It is pretty bad.

4. Show they have is not that good, is like cruise ship show but worst

5, Difficult to reach front desk for any type of service or questions answer before and during the trip.

6. Beach can not be used, lot if sea weeds

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne_Z1980
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ocean Maya Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Wayne_Z1980

Thank you for choosing Ocean Maya Royale as the host for your vacations. It is pleasant to read your kind comments regarding your experience at our resort and to realize that we have been able to provide you with a good vacation experience with our facilites and services.
We truly appreciate your observations and remarks, rest assured that your feedback will be shared with the pertinent departments in order to continue to improve our resort day by day.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this site; we hope to have another opportunity to host you again in the nearest future.

Ocean Maya Royale

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The beach and pool are well maintained. I dined at the Mexican Italian and international restaurants. There was no wait and the food and service were very good. The grounds are beautiful. My room was very nice. Overall this was a very pleasant vacation and I will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank bcent

Dear bcent

First of all please allow us to thank you for choosing out hotel as your destination in the Riviera Maya. It is gratifying to read that you truly enjoyed all our facilities and services. Thank you for leaving your valuable comment on this site.
We look forward to receive you again in our hotel.

Best regards