“They gave our check in a cute little cow piggy bank!”

Trattoria Del Centro
Ranked #18 of 1,454 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food is amazing. The Nutella calzone dessert is absolutely to die for. The host is hilarious and keeps the place in a great mood and is very friendly.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were headed to an Italian restaurant on 5th when we ran into a friend who is a local and he said no, you need to go to Trattoria Del Centro. It is just a hair off 5th. But it is about 1000 miles above the quality of 5th.

Homemade pasta you will crave weeks after coming home. Incredible Bolognese, Creamy Pasta and chorizo. Pizza with amazing mozzarella. NO idea where they are getting that mozzarella in Mexico. Because we were having pasta we decided to start with salads. BIG mistake as we watched bowl after bowl of the Seafood Soup come out. DO NOT miss that soup.

We went very early and obviously did not have a reservation. You need one from 6:30pm on. We got lucky.

The proprietor is very charming and his staff is so kind and helpful.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I stay in Playa every year and am very familiar with the eating options up and down 5th ave. A friend visiting from Italy told me to try this place and I couldn't be happier that I did. I am from Philadelphia and we have some of the best Pizza and Tomato pie in the country but the Margarita Pizza at Trattoria Del Centro is some of the best I have ever had. The pasta and Seafood was perfect and the portions were right on. Not too much but more than enough to satisfy and leave room for dessert. I have to say that the Nutella Calzone was mind blowing. The service was the best. Several nights Andrea made accommodations to fit all 10 of us in when it was clearly very busy for him to do so. He was very animated and attentive and his charm was refreshing and genuine. When the checks came I could not believe how affordable it was. I was really surprised. This place is a real find in a sea of options. I cant wait to go back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The pizza is as good as it gets, fresh dough made daily, sauce prepared with fresh ingredients (you can smell the basil), buffalo mozzarella, and a variety of choices all finished in a wood burning oven!!! Did I mention that Paulo and Andrea are from Naples!!!
We have eaten there several times and from the fresh pasta made onsite to their specialties we enjoyed every meal. The service is excellent and it has a nice ambiance with street setting.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My wife and I were all set to have dinner at one of the Italian restaurants on 5th ave. Just before heading out, I remembered that I had read very good reviews about a restaurant, Trattoria del Centro, just off of 5th ave. We decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed, to say the least.
We were greeted by Andrea who knows a little something about Italian food, being from Firenze. We were seated and promptly given fresh wood oven baked bread which we had to refrain from filling up on. It was that good! After a starter salad (very good) My wife decided to go with the gnocchi special while I opted for the Delicata pizza (arugula, prosciutto, and cherry tomatoes ). It was easily the best meal we've had in Playa. We ended it off with the homemade tiramisu, another must try. The service was impeccable and prior to leaving made a reservation to dine there again before the end of our vacation.