We just wrapped up our Spring Break trip to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeraldo and it was simply amazing. Like other reviewers, we took advantage of the family concierge service and for a brief (oh vacations go so quickly!) moment in time - we were royalty. Upon arrival we were taken to a special check area reserved for families taking advange of the concierge service. Everyone in our party was given a special bracelet that signaled we were part of an exclusive group. While I still don my bracelet - dare I should take it off and admit that I am back to reality- the bracelet could have easily been a crown. Queen for the day or better, for a week.
I love to swim and the pools were beautiful. Our pool had a swim up bar and lounge chairs actually built into the pool. If you didn't want so much sun, there were very cool place to hide out like the huts or hanging chairs. Since I couldn't be pried from the pool I often ate at the poolside grill. This was a personal preference as there were lots of choices. Shirley, Gillman and Carlos were so attentive to me I really saw no reason to venture out. OUR outside bed was made up everyday and the staff knew before I could ask what I wanted to eat.
We had two adjoining rooms so we really had a lot of space. We were given a walkie talkie to help keep track of our kids while outside, but on more than one occassion I will admit to using it inside too.
Great family resort. Splurge and do the family concierge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya