Before I start to share our experience, I want to personally thank Elisa Campo for making our stay much more comfortable by upgrading our room to a swim-up room. Customer service we received from her was above and beyond the expectation. Thank you.
Let me mention that we visited Esmeralda during a quiet week; right after spring break was over. Never had a problem with lounge chairs or cabana by the pool or chairs and umbrellas at the beach. It does make a difference which week you pick, as I read a lot of negative reviews from travelers having issues finding chairs by the pool.
They do have a BIG problem with housekeeping. Either they are short on staff, or the manager doesn’t know what he/she is doing. There was no personal touch, not a single swan or other animal made of towels, which you find everyday in your room in any other resort. The rooms were cleaned not so well and way too late. If you were to return to your room at around 3pm, chances are…. it’s not made up. But the resort is still very new and I am sure that they will improve with the help of our reviews. I am also sure, the price will go up with the improvements, as it’s a very well designed resort with excellent service.
Beach: I didn’t notice too many rocks in the water, spending most of the time in the water. It’s not bad at all, just couple of occasional stones. We travelled with 3 kids; none of them had an issue either. Plus, the beach is so beautiful and so different from what you picture at Riu or Sandos or Iberostar Tucan. The beach is separated by a real rainforest from the resort. We saw alligators and so many different types of lizards there. Kids loved to watch the animals. The downside of the resort was mosquitoes. There were a lot of those and nothing helped. But…. they don’t bite everyone. I suffered a lot, but my daughter and my husband didn’t seem to have a problem at all.
Service at the restaurants depends on a waiter, but our experience was not bad in general. The vast majority of the waiters were really friendly, fast and accommodating. Special thanks to Jesus from Vento and another guy, whose name I don’t remember, from The Market (at lunch time).
The food was great, can’t complain at all, and I am very picky. Loved Passion (extra charge) the most.
We loved our vacation at Paradisus, the resort itself is just soooooooooooooo beautiful and different. It was probably my first all inclusive experience where I could dress up, wear high hills and was surrounded by others dressed in the same manner. It’s a modern resort, I would say Manhattan style, and not everyone may like it, but if you are classy and like classy staff, go there.
Kids club is open till 10pm and is great. It is equipped with computers, and kids can play the games online and browse the Internet. They did trampoline jumping and rock climbing and went to the pool and to the beach. Natalya, Nadia and Daena did a wonderful job. Our kids loved all of them. Thank you, Ladies. We missed Nadia and Natalya when we were leaving, but we left tips for you at the front desk.
Resort is built with attention to details. Those very small tiny things make your stay enjoyable and very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Melia Hotels APAC so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya