Best service and food of any all-inclusive we have stayed at in the Caribbean (so far). The drinks were top shelf (but you need to ask and make sure you are getting the top shelf stuff). The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive to our every need. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing.
The beach is poor, very rocky and depending on the day, a lot of smelly sea weed. There was a lot of people traffic (since the beaches are all public) and there was only public beaches (no other resorts) on either side of the Paradisus resort. Our kids like to swim but the pools at this resort were small and were quite boring (teens). We did not heed the warnings about paying for an ocean view, its really not worth it but at least our room overlooked the property (with a little ocean in the distance). The rooms (for a luxury junior suite) were small in comparison to other resorts we have stayed with a similar room description. The bathroom was especially small and became crowded when everyone was trying to get ready in the morning and evening. Lastly, the rooms were not very sound proof and often we would hear other vacationers returning to their rooms late at night.
Overall we rate the resort as average. Asked if I would go back, probably not, mainly because of the beach and pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Melia Hotels APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya