Just returned from 11 nights at this hotel. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this small hotel. The location is excellent and we didn't need to rent a car. The rooms (we had to move our last night since we added one more night) were clean, clean and comfortable. AC worked well in both rooms. WiFi available in a couple different common areas but in our first room we had for the majority of our stay we had no trouble with wifi in the room. Water pressure in the showers was good. Toilets flushed fine. Beds are a little firmer than we prefer but we were able to sleep fine. We opted for all inclusive which was new for us and other than a couple of very minor hiccups it was great! We definitely felt like we got our monies worth. We went to both beach clubs the hotel has passes for. Kool Beach was closer but busier and like others said the pass relegates you to the plastic chairs versus the nicer wood ones but honestly it wasn't a big deal. Indigo beach club was smaller and quieter though a little further from the hotel. We liked the feel of Indigo but the beach at Kool was nicer in our opinion.
The menu at the hotel restaurant which is the one you go to for the all inclusive had a good amount of offerings including pasta, seafood and mexican. Lunch menu was a little small but okay. They make a great burger at lunch time! We generally found the food very good with an occasional inconsistency but nothing horrible. The servers are very nice though service is a little slow so do not be in a hurry.
Clientele was very mixed with regards to age and gender though we noticed many couples and just a few families with kids. They have two small pools but they are adequate for lounging in and around and are kept clean. Grounds are very well kept. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen