Sorry for the delay in this but we traveled to Riu Palace for a week last April. Upon arrival, we were greeted with drinks and our rooms were immediately ready. This resort was beyond accomadating between their lavish beaches, delicious food and relaxing bar. It was my birthday so I got a beach massage and it was beyond glorious! My friends had told them it was my birthday so they decorated the room and provided a special dinner at the restaurant near the beach. It may be a simple thing but don't pass up the ice cream machine when heading back to the beach - it's the perfect sweet treat! Also, relax and enjoy the bar by the lobby - they make delicious martinis and there's also Wi-Fi.
5th Ave is only a few minutes away so I recommend hopping in a cab and spending an afternoon/evening doing that. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen