“It keeps getting better”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,407 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We have been visiting Oh Lala annually for the last 5-6 years and it truly keeps getting better. This year we were joined by 11 other friends and family members. George and Mikaela made this possible and we truly appreciated them allowing us to fill over half of their small, but wonderful establishment. Jorge was our waiter and took care of our every request and assisted the first time visitors among us in making their dining experience special.I had the grilled octopus for dinner and the presentation was special, but the taste was even better. My wife tried the braised short ribs and my taste told me that her choice was special. She thought so too. Can't wait for next year's visit.

1  Thank Bruce O

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Pure class from the moment we walked in

Complimentary cheese focaccia

Tuna focaccia

Shrimp curry
Tamarind potatoes
Spanish garlic prawns

Chocolate mousse with vanilla ice cream

Spanish Albarino wine

The service was world class
Trust me on this

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visit Oh Lala whenever we’re in Playa. Every visit has been a wonderful experience, George and Mikaela are amazing hosts!
Walk in the door and you are welcomed like old time friends they’re so happy to see. From the ambiance of their lovely decor to the outstanding menu everything they do is top notch!
Every choice on their menu is a delight to your senses from the beautiful presentation to every bite you take. The soy butter tuna is an absolute favorite and the best we’ve ever had.
They love to celebrate your special occasions with their fancy dessert presentation!
A restaurant not to miss! Enjoy!!

1  Thank Robinann
Reviewed 1 November 2017

A revisit was a good reminder of what makes a 5 star restaurant. The personal attention starts the moment you arrive and concludes when the hostess is closing the door of your taxi when leaving.

My wife chose the curried lamb and my choice was the sea bass special. The flavors of both are layered and each flavor recognizeable. The age old cliche "the secret is in the sauce" is spot on at Oh Lala. Although I am not a curry fan I tried my wife's lamb and it was delicious.... not too much curry but just enough to make it vey distinct. Although completely different the flavor of the sea bass was outstanding. Our starters were the mussels and the tuna appetizers and both great.... next time one shared appetizer will do.

Although the food is what dining out is about the attention of the staff puts it over the top. I don't know of any restaurant that does it better. Friendly, informative and attentive makes you know they really care that you are pleased....and we were start to finish.

Good overall selections of food and wine makes you want to come back to work your way through the menu of new food and drink experiences.

By the way it was my wife's birthday ending our evening with a special dessert treat.

1  Thank kentito
Reviewed 30 October 2017

One of our favorite restaurants in Playa Del Carmen. Great place to go for a nice romantic dinner. Excellent service, very friendly. Great presentation with the food, delicious meals. Small place would recommend making a reservation in advance.

2  Thank geojul96