“Best dining experience”

Ranked #65 of 1,495 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Discover Los Murales, a place where a love of fine art and food comes together, where you will find artistry everywhere you look, from the murals on the walls to the exquisitely presented food on your plate.The Los Murales menu is a true marriage of flavors. The finest fish and seafood are blended with fruit, vegetables and spices from all over the world to create dishes that are a delight for the senses: taste, smell and sight. Every bite is a sensation, an experience that you will want to repeat over and over again.The restaurant owes its name to its six murals superbly crafted in Byzantine mosaics. They are truly magnificent. Inspired by the paintings of Cuban artist Arturo Montoto, they are the creation of the Perdomo Family, Mexico’s leading mosaic artists.
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Chef Daniel has created a great menu. We have tried everything and have not been disappointed. In addition to a beautiful dining room the service is also world class. This is a must experience when in Playa del Carmen

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we had a bad experience. Two of the four of us had great meals. Service was excellent but two of our party suffered severe food poisoning. I reported this to the resort who said they would investigate.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Service ok. Food good. Lobster bisque had a kick to it but yummy. Had the filet and asked for no pink in center but it was served with pink. Tasted good. Atmosphere very nice. Kind of expensive but not outrageous. My hubby had the salmon and said it was good. The side portions are small but the main entree meat or fish was a good portion.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We enjoy topping off a visit to Playa del Carmen with a special meal at Los Murales. This is quite a change from the casual , informal meals we had over the course of the week. We splurged and split a Mixed Grill. This was a large platter of beef and numerous seafood items like lobster, shrimp and mussels. The food tasted great and was very satisfying. The service from start to finish was excellent.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here for two and adhered to the dress code of pants with no flip flops and I ordered the shrimp cocktail which was awesome! I ordered the Mixed Grill which is the "Nature’s bounty from land and sea, lobster tail, salmon, shrimp and beef served with steamed vegetables. Ideal for sharing (2 people) 1,310 Pesos." Everything was awesome except the lobster tail which was very over cooked and almost inedible since tough and dry which some say is inedible lobster! My girlfriend ordered the lobster tail which was way over cooked as well. Since our dinner would be technically over $100 dollars if noninclusive and I told her we will ask the chef to cook both lobsters again but not well done. I showed the waiter how the shrimp was cooked which was perfect and asked them to cook the lobsters as well as the shrimp, mussels, and beef which was awesome. Both lobsters were cooked again but again couple minutes too long under the broiler. You will see in my photos of the lobster how the first time it was over cooked. The lobsters the second time were not perfect and still cooked longer than should have been and I ate it but everything else was cooked great. I am wondering does the chef think chewy/dry lobster is awesome and I need a reeducation how to properly cook this beautiful seafood. I am thinking are they afraid of food poisoning? The shrimp and mussels were cooked perfect but four lobsters cooked longer than needed even when the customers request to not over cook them a second time? I ate 3/4 of my second lobster which was somewhat over cooked lobster while realizing I will save my educational commentary for trip advisor as everything else was perfect which saved the night. HEY Chef Hugo...don't over cook the lobster and when you cook another lobster like I received in the photo added with this review, throw that arachnid away and get another fresh lobster and cook it five minutes less under the salamander grill you are using??? PORFOVOR!