10,759 results
All reviews royal service mole the grill south bar gabi club rs pool la palapa restaurant yhi spa dinner reservations alfredo butler service swim up suite bali beds pool party our honeymoon guest services personal butler
Reviewed 31 March 2016

My boyfriend and I traveled here June 2015. We went for a couples trip (12 people total) and overall it was absolutely amazing! Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest because we encountered some rainfall but that didn't rain on our parade (pun intended lol). It was my first trip out of the US and I was extremely excited so here goes a few details.

Rooms: We had a suite in the Royal Service area. Our room was nice, clean and very spacious (I uploaded a pic). I loved that there was a safe that we could use and could program our own password. I'm usually very skeptical about leaving important documents somewhere but the safe made me feel a lot better. We had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable. I always inspect the bed to make sure that the sheets are clean and these were clean as a whistle as far as I could see. It was also nice because there was a lounge in our building that was for guests in the RS area only (I don't think they necessarily asked people if they belong in there or not though) which had a mini bar and snacks (pastries, cookies, etc) It also had TVs and couches.

A few of our friends had swim ups. Those rooms were nice but not as pretty as the regular suites. The advantage to having a swim up those is that you can walk out your back door into the pool, there's a separate living room and dining room type area and you can close the bedroom door.

Food: The food was great to me (this could be due to it being my first all inclusive though lol). We ate breakfast and lunch at Hadar most days and the pasta at the lunch buffet was delicious! We kept going back for more. We also tried out Mole (once) and Bana (twice). The food at both were great. The first time we to Bana we sat at a Teppanyaki table (hibachi grill type feel) which was my favorite. The second time we made a reservation for us all. They put us in our own room which was nice because it was a private and intimate setting. I can't remember what I ate when we went to Mole but I do remember it being good as well lol. One thing I would be careful of is the ice cream. My boyfriend ate some and he was sick for a little while after. Lastly, we spent a night in red lounge just having drinks, dancing and having a good time. We attempted to eat at Olio but we couldn't find anything appetizing on the menu, we ordered room service instead. Speaking of room service, don't order the pizza. It reminded me of one of those frozen personal pizzas you got as a kid during school lunch.

Beach: Due to the weather (very windy) we couldn't jet ski or do any water activities. They do however have plenty of lounge chairs and there are different activities going on such as beach volleyball.

Staff: Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly! When we first arrived they gave us a "welcome drink" which was pretty cool. To make things easy while we checked in, they kept our bags in a locked room until we were ready to go to our suite. One day when we were in the pool, there was a guy who brought our drinks.. he definitely kept them coming promptly. We hardly ever had to wait. I wish I could remember his name because I would recommend asking for him by name. All I know is that he was the best!

Entertainment: Each day they had something going on, from cocktail classes to a live mariachi band, to dance lessons and they even had fitness classes! We decided that we wanted to experience the night life though so we ventured off to a strip that was FULL of clubs. That was probably actually one of my favorite parts. The cab ride was pretty cheap and I believe it only took us about 10-15 minutes to get there.

All in all the resort was great and I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views but the swim up rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmacdb15
Reviewed 31 March 2016

This was the best lodging experience we ever had!!! The people were extremely polite and accommodating and the resort was immaculate! ! The food was five stars!!! I would go there again in a heartbeat!

Excellent stay.
Rooms lovely, staff helpful, food great. Best restaurant was lapalapa by far.
Was able to book restaurants in advance, they got a bit busy during second week, one had overbooked, so had to wait 45 mins. plus lots of kids in Perla part, which I didn't like.
Shows were too early as we were eating, and live night entertainment finished before 11pm, which was a shame.
Hotel is beautiful, they made my birthday,would come back again.

Room Tip: Room service is amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2016

My boyfriend and I visited Paradisus La Perla from March 25th to March 30th 2016, and we had an INCREDIBLE TIME. It was an absolutely amazing resort, and I cannot comment enough on how little we had to worry about ANYTHING.

We got in very late on the 25th due to flight delays, missed flights, etc, and Angel, the concierge for Royal Service was so sweet. The resort is very aesthetically pleasing, and the overall energy in the entire place is very peaceful and relaxing.

Firstly, let me just say that Royal Service is totally worth it in my opinion. You have your own exclusive area in the resort, the pool is never crowded, you can easily find chairs and beds to lounge on during the day, and your butler tends to your every need.

Pool-The boyfriend and I only actually swam in the Royal Service pool, just because it was the most convenient for us. Sergio was the bartender at the time, and he was INCREDIBLE. Very sweet, and very helpful. We asked him for some places to visit outside of the resort, and he gave us several recommendations. THANKS SERGIO! Also, a waiter, Alfredo, walked around to all the beds and chairs to make sure that everyone had their drinks and even took food orders. He was the best, seriously.

Beach-I will also say that the boyfriend and I did not frequent the beach. It was very windy the days we were there, making the surf virtually unswimmable. There was also a lot of sea weed, but I am not a proponent of making the beach look pristine by removing something natural. We did take several long walks along the beach, and it was really beautiful.

Room- We stayed in the Royal Service Junior Ocean View Suite. It was so luxurious and amazing. Full mini bar, bottle of liquor. Giant tub. Jacuzzi on the balcony, beautiful ocean view. It was just awesome. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a maid service twice daily. Once in the morning, once in the evening for turndown service. On the last night of our visit, our Butler, Neftali, set up a bath with rose petals, which was a complete surprise. Very nice.

Food- So I've been to several resorts before, and none of them really wowed me with the food. I'll be honest. Sandals in Nassau was just OK. This resort had incredible food. INCREDIBLE. The Royal Service restaurant, La Palapa, was delicious at all times of the day. We had breakfast, lunch, and a dinner there (Our dinner waiter, Francisco was so sweet, and we had a conversation about baseball. Also, the breakfast waiter Ernesto was SO NICE). The Market (brazilian style BBQ) was really delicious as well. The Grill, the argentinian BBQ place was mouthwatering (and our waiter Mario was hysterical), and finally Fuego was absolutely fabulous. The buffets were also plentiful and had a ridiculous amount to choose from. We got room service once as well, and it was delicious. The bars are also really great. The M Bar was delicious, and we went to several others that were all really great. The Gabi club was a cool after dinner hang out spot that I really liked as well.

Service: Every single member of staff there was just amazing. Everyone had a smile on their face, and they really wanted to help you. I never once felt as though I was imposing on someone when making a request, and everything seemed to be very simple, and elegant.

The two resorts (La Perla and La Esmerelda) are separated pretty well. I didn't have any issues with "screaming children" that others referenced. There were kids, yes, but they were not a burden on me, nor a nuisance, so I was fine with it all. It was kind of nice to see families having fun together in a different way than my boyfriend and I were.

Overall, leaving was a traumatic experience, only because we wanted to live there forever.

Thanks everyone at Paradisus La Perla for being so incredible, you are above and beyond what we expected, and I can't tell you how nice it was to stay there.

4  Thank Kristen E
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We love this place. We came first in April 2013 and returned in March 2016. Still love it. The place remains clean and taken care of. We will definitely come back. We've told others about it, and had have several friends enjoy it as well.