Came back this weekend and I want to share with others the excellent week at Viva Windham Azteca stay...
We were 5 travelling in 2 rooms, It`s a small resort but offer a lot. It's a very nice resort for family that are staying for a week. We visited 3 restaurants A la Carte. Bamboo (Asian) was very tasty, nice service, the Italian was nice, food was tasty as well. Since we were at Azteca, we were allowed to reserve at the Mexican at the Maya, food was very good too, it was our second time at the Mexican as we were staying at the Maya before, food was very good, never finished my plate as I was FULL :-)
Tequila are always good.. Every night in the Main area close to Lobby, Buffet there is a Coktail that the bar tender prepare the special drinks, most of them are either Tequila and Martini any kind, very pleasant. The Snack is very good, my kids enjoyed their burger in the afternoon and we had veggies and salads for the ones that wanted to eat healthy. Beach was good and the pool too.
A great Animation team makes our stay very good, they were very friendly and funny. The crazy games, Darts, VolleyBall, and other activities..
I would definitvely go back. walking distance to 5th Avenue Approx. 20 minutes or Taxi 7$ Playa Del Carmen and the ferry to Cozumel if you are interrested.
There are jet ski for rent, which I took advantage with my yougest son (15) and we really enjoyed it. The Sea was agitated, it was between yellow & red flag, but still worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be close to everything. White sand beaches. Mayan ruins. Lush jungles. A championship golf course. And exciting nightlife. The Wyndham Azteca All-Inclusive Resort, a stunning resort on the breathtaking Mayan Riviera on the east coast of the Yucatan, has it all. And it's just 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport in Mexico. Explore captivating Mayan ruins. Find your own private seaside cove, or experience the fun in the sun and nightlife of Playa Del Carmen, just two miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Viva Wyndham Azteca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Viva Azteca
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Viva Azteca
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Viva Wyndham Azteca Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen