This was our first visit at this hotel and it was very pleasant. Check in was fast and then off to our Ocean Front Room, which was nicely equiped and had a great view. 3rd floor recommended.
Staff are very friendly and always greeted us where ever we went. They really go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant vacation.
Please avoid the Guest Service people to the left of check in. They really were persistant in trying to get us to visit the sister hotel next door, the Royal. It looked very nice, however we really did'nt want to go there and when we indicated we changed our minds, another member from that team approached us later and was very pushy and gave us the guilt trip. Time Share type pitch. Aside from this issue, we enjoyed our visit at this hotel.
Please visit the Mexican restaurant, Maria. We highly recommend this a la carte restaurant. Ask for waiter Jorge. He really goes the extra mile and gives you the VIP treatment. He provided us with exeptional service, bringing us very delicious dishes to try, aside from what we ordered. Please remember to tip, it really goes a long way. Thanks Jorge for the awesome experience, we will always remember you and the bean soup. You must try it!
The main buffet restaurant was on and off. We did have 2 nice dinner meals there and breakfast was always nice. The only hicup we can say is that if you want eggs, omlettes, you are gonna have to wait a bit. Could be a more efficent way to deal with the lines ups here.
The beach was not the nicest, only because of the errosion and sand bags needed to ensure the beach remains. The water was a little hazy but if you walk about 5 minutes to your left, there you will find beautiful clear waters with no rocks and great swimming.
Although the waters are very calm you can always feel safe because of the nicest lifeguards you will meet. Gustavo and Alexis were awesome and very helpful with any questions or concerns you might have. They are super friendly and please do not hesitate to introduce your selves to them. They will ensure you have pertinent information about the ocean, culture and much more. Gustavo and Alexis, we will always remember you both as our friends. Your beach waiters will be Pablo and Jesus. They will always ensure you have a fresh drink, what ever you desire. Great job amigos!!
Please visit Cozumel, if you have not done so already and try the snorkling with Ocho Family. Trust us, you will have the experience of your life. The waters in Cozumel are incredible and should be on your bucket list, for sure. Awesome experience!!!
Our last night there, we experienced Mexican Independance Day. Wow!! Incredible fiesta and the staff bent over backwards to make this a great entertaiment for all. Well done!
We really wished they played more Mexican music pool side during the day other then Guns and Roses, Lady Gaga...this is Mexico after all. We were told they have to play a bit of every thing to please everyone, unfortunately.
Over all we have a very nice relaxing vacation and stay at the Gran Porto. Oh, they have a jacuzzi roof top, check it out. Don't forget to tip. A few pesos goes a long way...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen