Went to the GPR for the 1st time. Its right downtown in Playa Del Carmen. 5th Ave to shop was okay, a lot of stores and places to eat. Went once to see it and didnt go back.
The resort was spotless, rooms were very nice & big. The entertainment people around the pool were super, the waiters & waitress served you at the pool and the beach. Only two resturants to go to or the buffet. Mexican or Italtian. This was a family resort which we are really not used to, there were way to many kids for us. The beach really was bad, they had sand bags at the shoreline and it was hard to get into the water, they had more sun chairs on the beach and no one was on the beach for that reason, everyone was at the pool. I had to get up at 6:00 to save sunchairs around the pool, plus the pool was very small. They had a swim up bar on the 3rd floor which didnt impress me at all, went once to see it and didnt go back. Its not a smoker friendly resort, cant smoke anywhere inside at all. I doubt if the group will ever go back, its seemed they were trying to put 10lbs of sugar in a 5lb box. We did have a great time, the group of people that go, you have to make your own fun, which we did !! We loved Ivan, Chicken Little, Cynthia, & Jesus they were at the pool area everyday...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen