For the 5th time I was back at the Gran Porto Real (GPR) but this time for something much more important than a holiday, this time it was for my daughter’s wedding! As father of the bride I helped the “happy couple” in choosing the hotel, but after 4 previous, fabulous, visits, there really was never any doubt that the GPR would be chosen as the venue and we were not disappointed.
From General Manager to Housekeeping the service was excellent. Over 50 guests at the wedding came from 10 different countries and there wasn’t one complaint as people were amazed at the level and friendliness of the service. It was no mean feat for the staff to keep a group like that happy, but they did it.
Special mention must go to Lynn the General Manager for her all-round supervising of the event, her ability to make things happen and her care and compassion (one of the guests picked up a bug and the Doctor had to be called, but who personally made sure everything was ok and called the Doctor herself, Lynn!).
Also, Carlos Melgar the Front Desk Manager who attended to all our room requests (and re-requests!) with the utmost efficiency (not easy with a group of 50 all with different expectations!) deserves special mention.
The waiters in the Albatross restaurant, particularly at breakfast and lunch were great, moving tables to accommodate larger groups then smaller groups and they also showed great patience and understanding in dealing with the many kids present. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Teresa at the Lobby Bar, Pablo and Jesus on the beach and Jose at the pool I have now known for many years and they NEVER disappoint with their level of service and always seem happy to see me!!
Lynn, her management team and her staff, are a great credit to the Grand Porto Real in particular and the Real Resorts Group in general and without doubt a big part of why so many people return year after year to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a beautiful, protected stretch of pristine beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen stands the spectacular Gran Porto Resort, just steps from Fifth Avenue's shops, clubs, and restaurants. Architecturally reminiscent of one of Mexico's finest haciendas, the resort welcomes couples, families, friends, and colleagues to the warm Caribbean breezes and azure seas of the Riviera Maya, where guests can experience the region's cultural heritage, relish all-inclusive luxuries, and enjoy genuine hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Porto Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Porto Real Hotel
- Gran Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Gran Porto Real
- Gran Porto Real Resort Spa
- Porto Real
- Grand Porto Real Playa Del Carmen
- Gran Porto Real Mexico
- Gran Porto Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen