from the moment we arrived we only had the most luxurious , best and fastest service
Boli Goma ( concierge) is a super helpful and delightful man to deal w and the snorklin trip he organized made us super happy - dont hesitate to ask him !
we stayed in a room w a partial ocean view, located close to the bar area - all very nice except... in the last 2 days the bar got busier and we started waking up w/ some cold cigarette smell coming from thru the bathroom back window ...otherwise , PERFECTION
...the short walk to the beach, the beauty of the surrounding lush and manicured tropical gardens, the 2 pools were super clean , the superb buffets and breakfasts - a meal plan w/ 2 meals inclusive - ITS A MUST and SUPER SAVER - all amazing quality and variety - maybe the coffee quality could be better and stronger ( we are hard core about having strong coffee , what is not true from everyone) + we dined almost everyday outside , next to the beach , and ate a delich ceviche at lunch - the web site lists a fitness center , we did not see it ...
WE WILL BE BACK SOON ! and SUPER kid friendly ( next time we will bring his 5 year old )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen