I felt very welcome at La Tortuga, and very much liked that it was close to everything - Avenida 5 and the beach - without being in the middle of the noise. Breakfast and WiFi Internet access were included in the price. Parking in the nearby garage was $10. (General advice: don't even *think* about staying in a hotel on Avenida 5 unless you want 24/7 action and noise).
My room was just OK, considering the room rate. I would have liked to have a chair. There's a lot on the plus side, though. The room was clean, the air conditioning worked, there was enough hot water, and the bathroom amenities were good. The bed was too soft for my liking, but that's a matter of personal taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen