“Great location, great holiday.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Playacar Palace

Playacar Palace
Ranked #18 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Cambridge
“Great location, great holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We have just returned from a great holiday ay Playacar Palace and the great reviews that the resort received on Trip Advisor were certainly correct. Location is perfect, food excellent and the rooms very good but it is the staff that make the stay so enjoyable. I am not going to name individuals as I am sure that I would forget someone and they all play in their own part in a great team and go out of their way to make all guests stays at Playacar Palace so enjoyable..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kim_alanCambridge
PlayacarPalaceGM, Manager at Playacar Palace, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for your time and your review, all the family Playacar appreciate your comments about our service.

We really hope to see you back in a near future, and I can assure you we won[t change brand.

Please, feel free to contact me next time you came...

Hasta pronto!

Playacar Palace G.M.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Korean first
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya from July 4th to July 18. Friends of ours were staying at the Playacar Palace & managed to get us a pass to spend the day with them at the Playacar resort. We arrived around 8:00 am & left at 11:00 pm. The resort is really nice and not very big approx. 260 rooms. The rooms are beautiful, our friends had what they call the Governor Suite one word to describe WOW!!!!! very big room with seperate living room area flat screen tv, full bar, automatic espresso machine, king size bed, jacuzzi, full equiped bathroom, beautifully decorated, ocean view with huge balcony & patio set simply amazing. Regular rooms are not as big but really nice...We had breakfast & lunch at the buffet & the food was really good lots of choice & delicious desserts..We had supper at the Italian restaurant and it was excellent & great wine. The beach is breathtaking, turquoise water & soft white sand, the pool is great the kids had a good time playing volleyball in the pool with one of the animators. The staff is really nice, theres a golf course on the resort. We went shopping on 5th avenue which is 2 steps away from the resort resort, nice place to visit lots of stores, restaurants & entertainment. There is a fairy right next to the resort that takes you to Cozumel Island. Overall we really enjoyed our day at Playacar Palace & highly recommend it. Wished I had booked Playacar instead of Grand Sirenis, did not enjoy my stay at the Grand Sirenis too many issues & would not recommend it. The only negative point at Playacar is their sales people who are very agressive & pushy to sale you what they call a membership.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Danny087
Thank you for your time and your review.

At Playacar Palace we have 12 different governor Suites in different places of the property and as you could see, all our rooms are very luxurious and airy rooms, and I am pleased your enjoy yours during your stay.

We really hope to see you back in a near future as our guest for all your stay

Please, feel free to contact me next time you came, and I can assure you a magical trip!!

Hasta pronto!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Have just come to the end of our two week holiday in Mexico (Plaza del Carmen) and do not want to leave. The Playacar Palace hotel is beautiful, with an incredibly attentive and polite staff. Our every request was attended to swiftly and with a smile. The room was spacious, with a massive jacuzzi, and the view of the beach and seafront was spectacular. The tour booking service gave us very good advice, each of their recommendations were great and we enjoyed all of the excursions.
Check-in and check-out was painless, and the 'palace dollars' we were given were a good help in limiting the cost of the holiday. The area is idyllic without being boring, with no evidence of violence that you hear so much about.
We could not give a stronger reccomendation!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear John

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com, we truly appreciate the effort.

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay, nothing is more important to us than you having a good and relaxing time here with us as we believe you should be treated like family.

I have shared your kind words with the rest of the Playacar Family who thank you very much.

Enjoy at the Olimpics and we look forward to having the chance of welcoming you back at Playacar Palace!!!

D.Rubio
Playacar Palace G.M
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was my second trip to Playacar Palace, I stayed last year for 7 nights in July and this year I stayed July 21-28. I have travelled to many all inclusives and destinations in the carribean and Mexico over the past twenty years or so, I am also a travel agent.

Playacar Palace is without a doubt - "The perfect vacation spot" - Then again - it does depend on what you are looking for. It also depends on just how picky you are - and believe me - after reading many reviews and staying at many destinations - their are many many people that claim not to be picky - however they have a bunch of but, but, buts in their reviews - I have been to the destinations that "some" have problems with - well let's just say - I really am not picky - and - a lot of you travllers - really really are - so you shouldn't say your not picky.

Ok - onto my review:)

Playacar Palace is perfect - Excellent customer Service, perfect size resort, beautiful beach, amazing location-5th avenue is right next door, pretty decent food, nice pool with swim up bar, lots of loungers and umbrellas for everyone, 24hour room service, in your room you will get a jacuzzi tub, most of the rooms have an ocean view and balcony, flat screen tv, spa grade amenities, stocked mini-fridge with beer, soft drinks and juices, a liquir dispensor with vodka, gin, tequila and whisky-and decent brand stuff, nightly turn down service with yummy chocolates. Do you want more? Again, I will mention Excellent Customer Service!!!

If you have stayed or plan to stay at Playacar Palace and don't have a good experience, then it's because of either your attitude or the fact that you feel you paid for an all inclusive so therefore, you don't have to spend not one penny more, because "it's an all inclusive" and "tips are included". Please don't go to an all inclusive if this is your attitude. Yes, while it is labeled an "all inclusive" - in most cases you are going to 3rd world countries. The employees get paid nowhere near what an American, European or Canadian would get paid working at a hotel or resturant. So give a a couple of extra dollars to the maid, your waiter, waitress or bartender. They truly appreciate it and deserve it.

There is no doubt that the employees that work here at Playacar Palace truly make this the special place it is. They are really happy, go lucky. They are happy to service you, it's real. I believe they are happy because I believe Palace resorts treats there employees pretty good. That says a lot, especially when you go back after a year find a lot of the same employees working there.

Nora-Pool/Beach Waitress is the absolute best! She is an amazing person, I had the pleasure of her company last year for my week stay and this year I made sure I found her again - she was every bit as wonderful as I remember her, if not even more!!! Please be sure to ask for Nora, you will not be disapointed.

Dion-Buffet-Breakfast/Lunch - is a pure delight, super friendly and a fast friend. Dion was also there at the Playacar last July and I was sure to find him again this year, very very sweet person, please be sure to ask for Dion, you will not be disapointed.

Eduardo-Italian Resturant-is a wonderful, courteous waiter and truly goes above and beyond to make your evening memorable. He set up a romantic table twice in one week for me and my boyfriend. It was amazing. Please ask for Eduardo, you will not be disapointed.

Angel-Heading up the Italian Resturant. Angel runs a tight ship - and is such a pleasant man, he also was at the Playacar last year managing the Italian Resturant.

Oscar-Oriental Resturant-also a wonderful waiter - he wanted to make a specail dinner for us on our lastnight, unfortunately, we did not make it because we drank to much tequilla before dinner, Oscar, if you are reading this, we are sorry we never made it!!!

Alcides-Lobby Bar-Bartend- was so much fun! We are so glad we were able to meet you this year and will look forward to finding you next year!!!

Did I mention Nora!!!! I love Nora!!!

Love,
Kim & Steve

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kimober
Dear Kim & Steve

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor.com; everyone of the Playacar family truly appreciates it as it conveys a real message to those that have not been here yet and consider staying with us.

Thank you for acknowledging the little details that make the difference it really makes us proud. Dionisio, Nora, Oscar, Angel, Alcides and so many people remind your when they read your review today at our general briefing, they asked me to thank you back.

Thank you again, and all of us really hope to see you soon at your home in Mexico, Playacar Palace

Hasta Pronto!!

Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed the first week of June, and I have to say we were very pleased. We are Palace Members, and have mostly stayed at Cancun Palace. My husband was hesitant about Playacar due to the size and the few restaurant choices. He is not an Italian food fan, but we at ended up eating at the Italian restaurant more than any other. The food and the service were outstanding. We were with friends and it was easy to meet up with the group, or run to the room if we forgot something. We also loved the proximity to 5th Avenue! We walked up and down 5th Avenue several times, just because we could... It is only a block away. The beach was very nice and we always found lots of chairs available. There was some construction going on, but we knew it in advance and surprisingly it never bothered us or interefered with our stay. We will definitely go back and would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone interested in Playa Del Carmen.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank gottogook
Dear gottogook

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a praising review on TripAdvisor.com.

I have shared it with the team, which thanks you very much. I do hope to see you again soon!

Hasta Pronto

#2 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,841 reviews
3.8 km away
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#9 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,092 reviews

Been to Playacar Palace? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK