I have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts throughout Mexico, DR and Caribbean and this by FAR was a one of the TOP all-inclusive; I've been too!
We traveled with a large group for a wedding; within our group we had families with young kids, just couples, and singles- we also had a wide range of ages within group-
The Resort was amazing we got everything and more- There is free long distance to US and Canada, FREE Wi-Fi, 24 Hour Room service, a perfect size resort and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
The resort was right off of 5th ave; where there is tons of shopping and nightlife- The Cozumel ferry and Senior Frogs are right next to hotel; you can use the sister hotel when you go over to Cozumel- Safety was not an issue there! We were all a little worried with all we’ve heard in the news over the past year, however We all stayed smart, travelled at least with 2 people or more. We went out nightly to 5th ave to bar/night club; also we went out shopping throughout the week vacation, each time walking back and forth no need for taxi service.
The room credits worked for us, we were able to go swimming with dolphins, take family photos, upgrade wine, spa services, and gift shop purchases- Please note there is a 11% service fee when using credits on some services;
The only negative I found at this resort was the front desk; our entire group found them to be very disorganized, it seems like they don’t note or communicate with each other about rooms/guests; on the plus side ALL other staff were over and beyond great, they made vacation feel like a true paradise!
Food was good, buffet always had option plus a grill station, omelette station, and pasta station- The a la cart restaurants were good, the menus changed throughout week and you didn’t have to book reservations; the staff were always pleasant.
The Bar is great you have so many options of liquors; the staff was educated about some many different types of drinks and always had suggestions to try! Our favourite was Mexican flag shot-
The entertainment staff was great during the day but nightly entertainment I have seen better, but bonus is that 5th ave is right outside the resort gates and always had great nightly entertainment
The room we had was #215, nice view of beach and pool; very clean and modern, the bonus was that each room has its own private bar, a Jacuzzi, personal care products were salon worthy and the staff was very respectful of our things; plus always had the room clean and did turn down service daily
Overall had an awesome time- would defiantly stay at resort or sister resorts in the future-
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen