We stayed at Playacar in April 2011 and went back in March 2012. It is a lovely resort--down to earth, but still very pampering! The staff and service are excellent at the restaurants, pools and even the beach! We love walking into "town" down "Fifth Avenue"! It is fun, safe and just an easy "something to do" if you want to get off the beach for a while or do some souvineer shopping. My husband enjoyed the golf there as well. We were fortunate enough to be able to upgrade to a "Governor's Suite", which was a beautiful room, with a gorgeous view. We traveled with two other couples in 2011, and we all had very nice rooms with good views as well. There was a little construction noise this trip, as they are adding an on-site spa to Playacar. We can hardly wait to enjoy the spa on the premises instead of having to go by shuttle to another location. If you don't enjoy your trip to Playacar, it has to be your own fault--the staff does their very best to make sure you have everything you want, and to entertain you daily!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen