Spent a week there beginning of March. The resort in itself is great. Check-in went well Jesus took us up to our room. We had a ocean view room , great view, room was clean. Cleaning lady did a good job with the room, we never ran out of towels , water and other beverages. There is suppose to be a turn-down service , we had it 4 nights out of 7.
Food : It is definitely one of their strong points the buffet for breakfast and lunch is different almost everyday , you have your classics but there are many things new everyday. For dinner, the a la carte restaurants were great also, the Italian was better and they switched menu mid-week. The asian one was good also. We used some of our credit for a romantic dinner on the beach, wich was great, it is a must !! The pool bar also serves snacks , we tried it a few times and it was good. Overal food is great.
Service : Great service al around from the Bell boy (thx Jesus) to the restaurants (thx Sotero), everybody make sure that you get what you want , we spent most of our time at the beach and service was awesome also. And please people don't be shy and tip , they really deserve it. we had the chance to be there for the Enrique Iglasias concert at Moon Palace, and then again they tokk really good care of us. From ticket reservation to transportation, while we were waiting for transportation they a table setup with bottled water , fruits , cookies... And even when we came back around midnight they had setup a small buffet for us in the Lobby. They really know how to make you feel special.
Beach : We spent most of our time there. No need to wake up early to get a chair with an umbrella . But people coming after 10am could find beach lounge chair but they had a hard time getting an umbrella. A few more umbrella on the beach would be better. the sand was nice and the water also.
Pool : Did not spent much there , but it looked pretty crowded with a party like atmosphere.
Location : Wlaking a few minutes and you're on the fifth avenue with a bunch of tourist shops, bars and restaurants. But be prepare to get harassed !!
So overall it was a great trip , but my only concern , and it is very personal, is the overall feel of the resort. Let me explain. It did not feel exotic. Not usre if it's the look of the resort, the lack of vegetation, cutomers (mostly americans). But i'm pretty sure that i would get the same feeling as if i was in Florida. That is my only downside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen