We stayed at the Sandos last fall October 2011 and are returning in June 2012. This is a great resort for all ages. There are lots of activities for the parents-tennis, yoga, water aerobics, spin classes. Activities for teenagers-game room, pottery, beach volleyball, pool games, etc. We found something for everyone in our family. The beach is absolutely stunning and lots of activities going on every day if you want to be active. The evening entertainment is not fabulous, but at least it's something to do onsite.
The food is not stellar, but we have found this to be true at most all-inclusive resorts. There is definitely variety and the ala carte restaurants are great. The Asian is definitely our favorite!
Hamburgers on the beach are really good and salads are readily available. The lobby bar has great coffee drinks and ice cream for dessert.
Be prepared to wait at check in as it is a long process. Overall, this is a great value for the money and very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos