We were there in March school break from Canada, with 11 and 14 year old boy and girl. Great, central, comfortable, in-town location with lots of options for entertainment. Nice to end up there at the end of busy days! Really helpful Concierge (Manuel M. thank you!! You are the best!!) who helped us choose wonderful day excursions such as private tour to the Mayan ruins at Coba and for a zip-line and snorkel adventure. Firendly advice, access to board games, movies and books for the condo. We had a penthouse suite, our children loved the hot tub and big tiki hut over couches on rooftop patio. Plenty of room to spread out, kitchen was very well-equipped, and we walked to the Mega and the Walmart for grocery supplies, helping control our eat-out costs. Condo is comfortable, once we set up wireless it worked well. It is cleaned each day, kids actually loved the gecko pool though it was not big, it had a waterfall and also a hot tub. Only downside was they had trouble balancing chemicals and it was shut for about 24 hours. Security was good, though on Sundays a little slack, otherwise someone was always there. One block to Indigo Beach Club, ok breakfast included each day, lots of loungers (always a spot for us even at March break), walk up the beach to swimming but watching fisherman and parasailers also was entertaining in front of club. Gelato on 5th avenue right around the corner from the Villa, and lots of people-watching and stores to explore. This was a fantastic vacation that offered great variety and some safe independence if your are looking for something other than the isolated all-inclusive...Villa Maya is a quiet retreat in the middle of lots to see and do. Would recommend it to any family, though folks with young babies might find the higher floors a bit of a menace between ever-present stairs and balconies! Home away from home, thank you Villa Maya for a unique family landing spot in Playa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen