We stayed here for a week during Carnival, and found this to be the best location for shopping and for beaching it. Their beach club was not a very good place to hang out for the day, but since it was free we tried it out. The beach itself is on such a slant away from the beach, you are laying uphill and you can't even see the ocean as there is a big drop off to the beach. The water was dirty with trash and kelp, and the small beach is not groomed by staff at all as is some other places we have stayed. The restaurant food at the beach club is at most average and way overpriced, but just across the side road are two small family owned cafes that were better, and much, much cheaper, although not that good either. If you have to eat average food, better to pay less just 30 feet away. As far as the condos and property go, it was the cleanest, well maintain complex or villa we have ever rented, and that is quite a few as we go the the Roo at least 3 times a year for the past 27 or so years. Very impressive. We stayed in 413 penthouse thinking that we would have a great view of the ocean and a big terrace. Pictures can be deceiving! It was very small with barely a view of the ocean...you had to lean over the kitchen counter to see it. Unimpressive...the gas grill igniter is broken so you must light it from underneath which proved to be very dangerous. As soon as my husband went to light it, a hugh fireball blew up in his face and burned his eyebrows and lashes almost off, burning one eyelid. My brother-in-law standing next to him almost burned his shirt. Think twice about cooking out. If you have small children, this is not the place for you. The rails are too far apart and the stairs steep. The have great kid friendly units on the the first floor. Would I stay there again? Yes...but without grillling...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen