“Excellent EdVenture -- Book this tour now!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Edventure Tours

Edventure Tours
Ranked #3 of 359 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the "Original" cenote, lagoon, turtle tour in the Riviera Maya- having been in the area and doing tours for 30 years! We are a family owned and operated business. We offer you the best of the area- for the best prices!From the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- to the Ancient Mayan Ruins, with so much more in between! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground rivers; snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish; swim/snorkel with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly in their own natural environment. For even more "edventure", visit our new Zipline park! Take a fun ATV or Unimog jeep ride- deep into the jungle! A menagerie of ziplines with connecting hanging bridges. Rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… Tour with us~ to experience this amazing area at it's best! We take families of all ages- Tots to Seniors~ and offer private tours for couples or groups of all sizes.Let us customize a day for you! We are honored to share with you, this wonderful bit of Paradise!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent EdVenture -- Book this tour now!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Hello,

I booked with EdVenture in February. Fonzi (Alfonso) was our tour guide and he was absolutely incredible. Ed did a great job of accommodating us, after arriving in Tulum my girlfriend and I decided we would rather do a private tour instead of being with the group and Ed accommodated us on the spot for a small fee!!

We headed off for our guided tour of the Tulum ruins, I do highly recommend you have a guide so you can understand the history and significance instead of just looking at some ruins. Then we finished and went back to Ed to start our EdVenture. Since we changed to private tour Ed himself gave us a ride down to the beginning of the jungle.

We started off with an ATV ride through the jungle, Fonzi drove one and I drove the other with my girlfriend on the back. This took us to the zip-lines, we did the full 9 ropes and I highly recommend it! The zip-line instructors were excellent even getting us some fruit from the gum tree! Then we got to do a rock climb and repel. Then we did snorkeling in two cenotes, the cave one was the best, you had to use a flashlight. Next up was an ATV ride back to the van (roughly 40min total spent driving a 4 wheeler which was awesome and unexpected)! I had forgotten to buy biodegradable sunscreen at the tour booth so Ed set it up and made sure I had some by the time we were back at the van.

Then came the drive to Akumal to snorkle with the sea turtles. On the way we called ahead and placed our order at La Buena Vida, I highly recommend the shrimp tacos!! Snorkeling with the sea turtles was phenomenal. Fonzi promised we would see at least a couple sea turtles. We probably saw 6-8 and he dove down several times to snap a picture of me and my girlfriend with the turtles. He definitely made extra effort to make our tour incredible.

After snorkeling with the turtles we headed to La Buena Vida for lunch and a couple beverages :) Food was absolutely incredible.

After lunch our last stop was the lagoon to go snorkeling with the fish. Again, it was incredible. All along the way

I cannot stress how awesome of a day this was. It really was the best day of our vacation!!!! 5 stars all around to Ed and especially my man Fonzi!!!

1 Thank Mike C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Ottawa, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“SO MUCH MORE than we expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

After reading all the rave reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to plan and book a tour online with EDVENTURE TOURS in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I AM SO HAPPY we did! I emailed Ed with our vacation dates(Feb.2012) and what I thought my husband and I would enjoy in a tour,Ed responded within 8 hours with an itinerary and suggestions on how to get the absolute most from our day in the jungle from what shoes to wear, camera to bring, to the exact breakdown of cost per person per tour selection.
The shuttle picked us up at the lobby of our hotel right on time , from there we were off to ED's Shop in Tulum. We were greeted by Ed himself with a huge smile, and a warm welcome as if we had been pals for a long while. Our tour guide for the day was Fonzi, who was fantastic! He was enthusiastic, had a grand knowledge of the Mayan culture and country, he was kind and tolerant even when I freaked in the Cenote ;) THANKS FONZ!!!!
Our first stop of the day was the Mayan Ruin of Tulum, we toured on our own and found the Structures all very interesting, but our most Incredible moment came when we were met with our first glimpse of the Ocean crashing against the shore. Utterly breath taking! Of course a quick swim and off to meet our group to head off into the Jungle! Our group of 8 was great and lots of fun. Zip lining began after a ride into to Jungle. We again met with very competent guides and for " FIRST TIMERS" My husband and I felt safe at all times.
The Underground Cenote was amazing! Like a world of its own very peaceful .
WE ate a quick lunch back at the jungle base and then off to Akumal to swim/ snorkel with Sea Turtles and Sting Ray!!! totally cool experience.
Our final destination was The Lagoon near Akumal. The area was impeccably clean, the walking paths, the cultural art, the gardens all beautiful! The Lagoon itself was so serene. Tropical and fresh water areas gave us a unique variety of fish to view. As our tour was coming to an end , so was the day, my husband and I sat on the edge of the lagoon and watched the sun fade into the landscape of Mexico... SIGH................ Would we do it again? YES in a heartbeat! This is the MOST UNDERRATED Tours in Mexico. SO MUCH MORE than we ever expected! We loved each second of our EDVENTURE!!!
Do NOT MISS THIS! Cindy and Tim from Illinois

North Bend
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Our kids had a blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We chose Edventures based on other reviews and were not disappointed. Overall, great service - friendly staff, great jungle facitlities, and well worth the $'s for basically a private tour (just our guide and us). We chose to do Coba instead of Tulum. We were picked up promptly, made it to Coba b4 the crowds, Balam our guide was outstanding. He had take classes in history so was well versed in the people & sites and really made the tour enjoyable for our whole family. Climbing to the top of the Coba ruin was a blast. We were then taken to Edventures private jungle ziplines/cenotes over a long bumpy road. Our 8 & 10 year old thought the zip lines were great - 9 zip lines and the guides were very safe. The cenotes were really fun too - the 1st was a fairly large cave but nothing too unusual. The second was extremely cool - with the stalagmites/stalactites - we swam all around with underwater flashlights and Edventures had clased strategically placed lights in the caves. Last Balam took us to Akumal to swim with sea turtles. We ran into a couple from our hotel just leaving and they didn't see any turtles (guess not a very good guide with another tour company). With Balam's help - we found 4 sea turtles, a ray, lion fish, and a ton of tropical fish. The kids loved it.

1 Thank gocougsNorthBend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great day -- Fonzy's the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Our day with Edventures and our tour guide Fonzy was one of our favorites of our family's vacation! Edventures was super professional, and Fonzy was smart, fun, and a great guide who made the day a total blast.

We were picked up right from our resort, and after getting set up at Edventures HQ (outfitting the van with drinks and getting all of our snorkel gear together -- they even had snorkel masks to match prescription eyeglasses, since one member of our party didn't have contact lenses), the day began. We visited the ruins of Tulum, went swimming in the Cenotes (Dos Ojos), and snorkeled in a lovely lagoon. And our lunch at La Buena Vida, an excellent beachside restaurant suggested by Edventures, was totally delicious and delightful.

Edventures, our driver, and Fonzy took great care of us -- we'd have had no idea where to go our what to do without them, but with them, we had an amazing and fun time. We chose Edventures because of the great TripAdvisor reviews, and we hope this review might be the one to convince you to choose Edventures, too!

Branson, Missouri
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“If you are looking for a great tour...STOP NOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We were looking, just like you, for a great tour to take from our hotel in the Riviera Maya region of Mexico. I had some stipulations to my tour.

1. I don't like big tour groups.
2. I wanted to learn about the local culture.
3. I wanted to see something off-the-beaten-path.
4. I wanted to do a variety of activities.

If you are looking for these things as well, LOOK NO FURTHER! BOOK WITH EDVENTURE TOURS! This is the best tour I have been on in all of the Caribbean!

We started at our hotel in Puerto Aventuras. The clean, newer, air conditioned van was right on time. After picking up another couple at a neighboring resort, we were shuttled to the office in Tulum. We were introduced to our guide "Fonzie", a young, well spoken, knowledgeable man who answered every question we had.

We toured the ruins at Tulum immediately, beating the crowds who really start showing up mid-morning. It was a nice beginning to the day.

We returned to the office and were headed off to Eduardo's property. Our group consisted of 4 very fun couples from seemingly around the globe. What a pleasant group to spend the day with!

His property is located back in the jungle. To access it, we traveled in a "safari/military-style" truck down a rough road into the jungle. Once there, we were surprised to find that the zipline portion of the tour was a new and state-of-the-art facility. We did 9 ziplines and a number of rope bridges this was topped-off with an introduction to rope climbing and rappelling. The staff there were friendly and fun, while keeping your safety as a priority. For the price we paid, most tours would end here. Not with Edventure Tours!

We grabbed our snorkel masks and walked over to a couple of Cenotes on the property to cool off. This was the most amazing thing I have ever done on a tour. One of the cenotes was completely enclosed like a cave. We were given flashlights and Fonzie guided us through the stalagmite filled wonderland as we swam. Unbelievable!

We had a fantastic pulled pork lunch before heading to Akumal beach where we slipped on our snorkeling gear (provided), and snorkeled out to see where sea turtles usually are seen. We saw, and swam with 4 turtles! It was an amazing experience! We also saw a couple of stingrays!

We then headed a few minutes to Yakul Lagoon. It was the most beautiful and unique snorkeling I have ever done. Tons of tropical fish all around in a safe, low-current, environment. After doing this for about 40 minutes, I raised my head out of the water to see the most beautiful and relaxing sunset over the lagoon. This was truly a surreal experience. As we got in the van to head back to our hotel, Eduardo was there to thank us, welcome us, and shake our hand. You don't get that from the "bus tours"!

We did all this in one day! It was a busy day, but we never felt rushed. Fonzie made sure that every stop was a fun, educational, and unique experience.

Like I said at the beginning, I was looking just like you are now. I stopped and chose Edventure Tours, and I recommend you do as well. Thanks to Eduardo, Bonnie, and Fonzie for a tour I will never forget.

1 Thank MO_outdoor_adventure