“Great little place!”

Hotel Colorado
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great little place!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We booked this hotel for the price and the good reviews and was so glad we did.

The reception staff were friendly, helpful and gave the hotel a nice homely feel to it as they actually live on site. Although basic, the rooms have everything you need from ensuite to cable TV, we were shown an upgraded room with a kitchenette but as we were on holiday and not backpacking we decided to stick with what we had. The garden and roof terrace area were so nice to sit and have a beer before heading out to the craziness of the main strip.

The location is in a safe and quiet residential area which fantastic for couples or those wanting to see a bit more of La Playa than 5 Ave. One nice touch is that you can buy big 20L water bottles from reception for 45 pesos, this lasted us a week. Also the excursions booked through the hotel were good too and the owner came to our room to recommendwe go to a local concert in the main sqaure where we heard some lovely classical music and saw some local artists.

I would definitely recommend this hotel...brilliant!

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I loved it! It is a small family run hotel very well located. I recommend it to everyone that goes to Playa del Carmen on a tight budget. You can share a three bedroom room and the price will be the same as in a hostel but more private! It has kitchenette, A/C and cable TV which makes it better than a hostel! The staff is really friendly and helpful!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We have been coming to Playa and staying at the Colorado for May and June for many years and have known the present owners since they took over in 2005. The rooms are clean and tidy and a bargain at 350 pesos. We have a break half way in our stay and move to Mahahual so we were amazed to read the disparaging remarks by one reviewer as we ALWAYS leave our bags and valuables with the owners and so do many other guests. We would not hesitate to recommend this lovely hotel and its owners to anyone who would like a friendly,well run and bargain stay.

• Stayed June 2011
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The place is well located and that's why I had choose it in the first place. The room are decent and clean. The security is simply not there. I asked reception to check my luggage on my departure date as they couldn't give me a late check out even if it was low season. I thought my things would be safe but upon my return I notice that my computer and my camera were missing and the couple managing the reception on that day told me that it probably wasn't in the bag when I left it and they also mention that it was my fault since I left my things under their care. I won't stay there anymore.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else