“Beautiful Reef for Snorkeling”
Review of The Snorkel Shop

The Snorkel Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Diving tours, Cenote tour and/or Ocean tours. Sea Turtle tours. Pictures included on all of our tours. Equipment provided on all our tours. Great customer service, friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Small Groups, Max.10. We can accommodate larger groups from one booking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We did the reef/center combination and very much enjoyed it. The second reef was worth the entire trip. It was gorgeous, extremely healthy with many different kinds of fish. Truly a beautiful experience. It rained during our trip and that had no negative impact on the excursion. I was skeptical about the lunch as two of us have food allergies, but I had no reason to be. Lunch was delicious and the staff was familiar and helpful concerning our allergies. Additionally they were very friendly and helpful at all times during our trip.

2  Thank keeffers
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My family and I went on the Puerto Morelos & Cenotes tour in Dec 2011. It was amazing! The guides were top notch - friendly & very knowledgeable. As I have been on many tours in this area - my expectations were high. The Snorkel Shop in Playa del Carmen went above and beyond. The guides were able to share in-depth history and information, while keeping the mood light and entertaining. I have practically zero Spanish, so it was refreshing to have guides that spoke perfect English. If you are heading to Playa del Carmen - don't miss this tour!

1  Thank Cale H
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have had two great tours with Eddie. Everything was well arranged, from the booking through the website to the delviery back at our hotel. Snorkling on the rif, in the cenote and with the turtles was lots of fun. Eddie is a professional tourgide, who knows the spots to see the most amazing sealife and is able to tell everything about them.
We would highly recommend to book a tour with the Snorkel Shop when you are in Playa Del Carmen!!

Snorkel Shop, thanks again for a Great Experience!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Last Friday we took a snorkel tour offered by The Snorkel Shop which is located on the road to Mamita's Beach Club. Eddies was prompt with his pick up time...we picked up 6 other people on the way. We first went to a cenote forgive me but I can't remember the name but it was one of the nicest cenotes we have ever been to. Eddie took his time with each couple so we all got equal time learning about the cenote Then it was off to Puerto Moreles for snorkeling and a wonderful lunch on the beach. We got to spent 45 min at each reef so a total of 1 1/2 in the water. This is one of the nicest reefs we have ever seen and we can't wait to go back. At the end of the day each of us received a cd with lots of pictures of day our of fun ....this to us was just and added bonus to a wonderful day. Eddie did an amazing job....and thanks to Graham for a wonderful day. So please stop by the Snorkel Shop and book your trip ...you won't regret it.

1  Thank Bev007
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I waited until I got to Mexico to book this excursion and found the Snorkel Shop through TA. It was exactly the type of smaller tour I was looking for and when I contacted the company to find out what excursions were scheduled for the week, I got an immediate response to my Saturday evening inquiry. Sofia gave me a couple of options and then actually follow-up up by phone call late in the following evening to suggest that the one the following day might be a better fit for me (smaller group with another solo traveler instead of with a large family). I joined a Northern Reef tour and it was great. Eddie was a great guide and there were only two of us in the group, so no crowds to contend with. We had a great lunch at a local place. It wouldn't necessarily work if you're looking for a fancy tourist place but the simple fare of fresh fish right on the water was right up my alley. After lunch we had the cenote all to ourselves too. Eddie was snapping pics with his underwater camera the whole time and then burned them to a CD in the car on the way back, so we got them immediately. It was a great day and I love having the pics to remember it. Next time, I'd like to do the Tortugas (turtle) tour :-)