Beautiful hotel. Amazing staff. It was our first time in Playa del Carmen, the hotel was recommended to us by an acquaintance. Banyan does not disappoint. The hotel is located in Mayakoba (within walking distance to fairmont hotel, gran Velasquez and rosewood) approx. ten minutes from PDC. The cab ride into town is 230 pesos. The Villas are huge. All have their own pools( just like the pictures on the website). Once there we decided to add two more days to our stay. The hotel has thought about everything, beach bags, bikini bags, extra flip flops, cappuccino maker, and a to of extras that add a nice touch. The breakfast is great, plenty of great and fresh choices. Banyan Tree's customer service is without a doubt the very best. Thank you Claudia, Mariana, the best beach attendant Cristiano and and the satff that worked during the week of july 30- august 4 for a wonderful stay. We certainly will be returning to Banyan Tree (either in PDC or other locations)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen