We stayed at the Banyan Tree for 6 nights after 3 weeks in Peru. The service at this hotel was amazing. We were greated with a refreshing drink at checkin and quickly taken to our villa and were shown the features of the villa. We ate at all the restaurants, the Tamarind and Saffron were both good although quite expensive. We also ate the Fairmont as we wanted to eat Mexican food.
Cristiano at the pool was fantastic. He remembered our names and set up our loungers to our preference. He got an extra umbrella so we both had shade and cleaned our sunglasses. When i was swimming in the pool he offered a floatation device so I could relax in the cool waters.
The buffet breakfast was very good. There is a daily sparkling wine cocktail which is quite good. The staff remember what we like to drink and of course our names. It was a joy to go to breakfast each morning.
In room dining was also very good, we ate in one evening and we had excellent service. Our food was set up outside near our pool and our waiter asked when he should come back and collect the plates. We said 1 hr, exactly 1hr later he came and cleared everything.
The turndown service was also nice, each evening there was a small gift left along with informatino regarding resort activities.There is a bath menu you can select, I can recommend the milk bath. I ordered this to assist with sunburn one evening, when it was ready there were rose petals floating on the bath and also scattered througout the villa.
We also attended a wine buffet, another activity I can recommend. We were the only people at the buffet which had 15 wines from around the world you could sample. We had excellent service and got to try some interesting Mexican wines.
Overall a fantastic resort, we stayed at the St Regis Bali and thought no resort could surpass their service although the Banyan Tree has done just that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen