Such an amazing hotel generally - the grounds, the villas, the pools and the restaurants. Design-wise I cannot even imagine finding fault with this resort. The rooms are gorgeous, and who doesn't love having a personal pool (even if it was too cold to be used when we visited earlier in the year)?
Carts were plentiful, if we didn't want to walk or bike around the grounds, but we actually enjoyed doing just that. As I was there with my four-year old son, we tended to spend the majority of our time at the main and children's pool, but the infinity pool is lovely as well.
The only flaw in our otherwise brilliant vacation occurred when one of the waiters at breakfast mid-week angrily admonished me while I was walking from the buffet to the table to "take care of my child". A young boy was running around the restaurant, almost causing collisions. The waiter apparently thought that my son (who was sitting quietly at our table) was the unruly child. The waiter pointedly watched my son the next three mornings at breakfast, which made me quite uncomfortable.
I know this was only one of many interactions with an otherwise fantastic staff, but even months later, it's actually the one that stands out. In fact, that one interaction resulted in my booking our next trip to Playa del Carmen at another Mayakoba resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen