When you discover a chain like Banyan Tree it will be hard to go anywhere else.that's why when we decided to go Mexico and Yucatan we choose Mayakoba (which by the way it's a location not the name of the hotel) two hours away from Cancun airport on a very busy highway is set on a reclaimed lagoon that hosts two more hotels. like in all Banyan Trees you wil be chaperoned around by buggies and their service is rather quick. we had a rather large villa with an annex where we took some meals and chilled. all very nice. the pool has a bit of a weird shape and doesn't really le you swim but still, due to the extreme heat, it was a blessing. the sun in mexico does not muck around. possibly one of the hurshest suns i have ever felt. food was great. breakfast as usual at BTs was a lovely experience. to us the best part was the beach. BT has a 10' away beach where most highest tier villas are concentrated. huge places for large families and staff. go there only if you are willing to travel by buggey back and forth from main restaurant area or if you have maids. having said that, the beach actually has a great restaurant where we spent most of our non-excursion days. fantastic. not going to ramble on mexico. BT is not far from Tulum, Coba and mostly Chichen Itza. i mean, these places are simply incredible and unique. worth every drop of sweat you will sweat. mexico is mexico. drivers are simply nuts! being italian i thought it would have been a bed of roses. wrong. nothing prepares you for how crazily they drive. one last thing: avoid playa del carmen. horrible place. any italian there is so fake you will die. see ya!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen