We recently spent 4 days at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Our experience began with an air conditioned SUV with a courteous driver who provider cool, scented refreshing towels. The driver was warm and attentive during the 40 minute drive to Mayakoba.
Our check in process, began at the open and breezy lobby with a refreshing welcome drink and was seamless. Since our room was not yet ready, we were ushered to the Sands/Beach Club for a late lunch and drinks.
Following our first meal, we were driven to our lovely and private abode room 206, which was quite lovely and secluded. Our villa, 206, was the highlight of our stay and was so beautiful and inviting that we rarely visited the beach or the common pools like Reflections.
Each day began with a scrumptious breakfast at the Oriente which offered fresh made to order omelets as well as specialties for the day. Servers like Cesar, Manuel, and Fernando were quite attentive and courteous.
Dining at the BT Mayakoba was a wonderful experience. We dined at the Sands, Saffron, Tamarind as well as in-villa dining but must say that the Tamarind was the best and certainly beat the Punta Bonita at the Rosewood. The tequila tasting at the Tamarind with Erik was informative, fun and quite enjoyable.
Our afternoons were highlighted by phenomenal spa treatments. We did venture to the Rosewood Sense Spa one afternoon and that was a mistake that will not be repeated. While the Rosewood Sense Spa does have very beautiful common facilities, the spa room and most importantly the spa treatments and therapists were significantly better at the BT Mayakoba. Aim and Chandra were world class therapists.
Evenings were capped with a relaxing bath in an outdoor tub overlooking the stars and crescent moon.
All in all, service, accommodations, facilities, spa, dining, was absolutely wonderful.
We graciously accepted the farewell gift of the handmade turtle and requested an additional one so that we both can be sure to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen