We stayed at the Banyan Tree for 10 days in April 2012. This was my second visit to here and I am so delighted I returned to this perfect sanctuary of peace, with a great beach, restaurants and golf course in a resort where each of the rooms have a private pool and extensive space.
I came back as the service overall in the hotel is fantastic - very hard to beat.
The Thai restaurant Saffron is excellent - do have the set menu one evening!
Sands - Excellent for lunch and dinner - try the seafood bbq one evening!
Breakfast - this is always excellent - try the local mexican omelette recipe!
Within the Mayakoba complex you can walk on the beach to the Rosewood - and try the Lobster Tacos at the pool restaurant.
From the hotel you can also walk down the beach to other hotels - the Grand Velas next door has a great Restaurant called Sen Li - but you need to get the hotel to book so you can get through Security.
Playa Del Carmen is about 15 mins in a cab away and there is a lot of shopping and good restaurants there. Diabalito Cha Cha Cha is a bar and restaurant that we would recommend, along with Casa di Aqua and the Blue Lobster.
If you are looking for a modern hotel with Privacy, understated, great beach, food and service (with or without golf) - I think that you would find this hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen