“Excellent Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I highly recommend this place. The pools are awesome. They are large and heated.

The food was surprisingly good.

The gym was okay.

The beach was nice, but not as good as 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman.

This is probably the nicest property in that area other than Fairmont and Rosewood.

My wife said the spa was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NoodleHouse
GVRM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear guest,

We are delighted to know throughout your comments that your Grand Velas Vacation was excellent and that you were amazed by the facilities, the culinary tour and our spa. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We truly hope to welcome you back very soon.

With the best regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Couldnt get any better than this resort. Service is impeccable, resort is clean. Restaurants are top rated. Like being in paradise. One piece of advice lock up your valuables did have a bottle of Coach cologne go missing

Room Tip: Zen was very peaceful great for families
6 Thank Heathershay
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Ok, we just got back from our trip to Riviera Maya. The first thing I can say is that the facility is very nice and the overall experience was good. The employees always greeted us with an Ola and a smile. They were very helpful to any of our needs. The food was exceptional and you should not be fearful of having choices when traveling with the young ones. I traveled with my wife and my fifteen year old daughter. For the most part it was good but my daughter did get a little bored. This is no fault of the facility but if you have adventurous teens, you could fall victim to the boredom bug. The pool was fabulous and we never had a problem with finding pool chairs. At one point we arrived early afternoon and Jorge assisted us in moving lounge chairs into the sun. He then brought us some drinks, I slipped him a $5 bill and Im afraid that he never came back.
Keep in mind that we have been fortunate enough to travel to Fore Seasons Resorts, Ritz Carltons and other top notch facilities. Because of this, my wife and I tried to put a finger on the fact that, for us, it didnt seem like 5 star service. I am not suggesting that it was bad, but it did seem that attention to detail was lacking. For instance, both my wife and I enjoy coffee in the morning. Our room had an Expresso Machine, which was nice. The problem was that some nights the maid left one cup and on other nights she left no cups. Minor I know but aggrivating at 5:30 in the morning. Also, we went to Lucca Resteraunt, the maitre'd was phenominal but then the waiter came up and asked "What do you want?" It was the little things.
I have no problem reccomending this facility and maybe it needs a little time to mature. All in all, a good experience but not phenominal. Food, fabulous. Facility, Very Good.

Room Tip: Ask for a fourth floor as these rooms have cathedral ceilings.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stockee
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

This resort is fantastic. Everything was clean, maintained and perfect for a relaxing week. Plenty of chairs to lay out by pool or beach, fun activities for my teenagers (18 & 15) and my younger children (12 & 9). Not sure I would take small children, although plenty of people did. It was too relaxing to have to keep a close eye on small children (just my thought). The resturants were great. Lots to do on property...wave runner (about $75.00 per 30 minutes), beach volleyball, sail boat, surf boards, etc. Lots of fun.

Room Tip: Luca (Italian) and Frieta's (gourmet mexican) were out of this world! Luca's portions were...
4 Thank Stephen C
Dear guest,

We are glad to know that you and your family found the amusement and relaxation you were looking for with our program activities. We would like to thank to you choosing us on you most recent trip and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon.

Best regards,

Guest Relation Manager
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I visited Grand Velas in June 2012 for a quick getaway. I was little apprehensive about security, food, etc., but let me tell you that this hotel is top-notch. The first day I was afraid to have ice in my drink but by the end of the trip I was drinking icy drinks, eating salads and fresh fruit and was completely fine. I was glad I could feel free to eat whatever I wanted because the food was AMAZING - all of the restaurants were 5 star.

The service was wonderful. You get your own personal concierge who helps with whatever you need. The room was stocked with beer, wine, snacks, tequila, etc., all included in the price. When you go to the beach, the waiters bring you water and drinks so you can just sit and relax. So nice when you just need to de-stress.

The rooms were very nice and clean. I am weird about cleanliness and found no problems. The beach was nice and the sand literally felt like baby powder. There are three pools on the property that were all beautiful. If we would have brought the kids they would have had a fantastic time as well and wished they could have been there to experience it with us.

I cannot wait to escape back to Grand Velas next year when we need some R&R! Definitely check it out, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank meg51577
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for having the time to send us your impressions of you most recent Grand Velas vacation it is such an honour to know that this trip exceed your expectations in terms of security, food and facilities. There is nothing more rewarding to know that you had a relaxing experience and that our attentive staff made this possible during your stay.
We will be truly delighted to have the opportunity host you and your family very soon.
Best regards,