I spent a week in January at Gran Velas as a part of a group. Alot of our activities were co-ordinated by excellent event planners, such as restaurant and tour bookings but i found the staff in the restaurants to be pleasant and professional and friendly. I found the service quite good as I fell ill about 3am on the first night and the matter was handled professionally and quickly which included them getting medication that I needed and making some changes to my room. I loved the variety of restaurants and how every restaurant had its own unique feel and menu. There were some instances were they did drop the ball, for example, one day when I went to lunch alone and I ordered lunch at the beach bar, I left to go to the bathroom and on my way back stopped to chat with a friend, whenI returned the food was sitting on the table uncovered, I had no idea how long it was sitting there and found that to disappointing, please note I was at lunch alone, the food was just on the table alone. There are other instances where some employees seemed to be having a bad day but in my opinion there were enough restaurant and room service to avoid these "spotted areas". All restaurants were open duing our stay but we were a large group and I cannot say whether all restaurants are always open. The food at all restaurants was good.( never ate at the beach bar because of the incident mentioned) I especially enjoyed their green juice at breakfast, it is quite delicious and my friends and I missed it greatly after our vacation was over.The fitness instructor in the gym, Franklyn was abosolutely fantastic. The gym is well equipped with plenty machines, balance balls & mats. All machines appeared to be working. There was also a kids club which looked very pretty and was seemingly well staffed. We did not use it so we cannot speak of how good it is. The beach is quite large and is well managed by the hotel who rakes the beach daily. The pools are quite large and plentiful. Overall it was a great stay and we hope to be back again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen