13 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$ 415
Expedia.comUS$ 442
Trip.comUS$ 402
1,434 results
All reviews lagoon side taco golf cart eco tour lagoon view suite ceviche banyan tree beach pool breakfast buffet kids club amazing property the entire property beach staff every staff member the entire staff riviera maya cancun airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Wow what a great hotel. The staff is so nice compared to all inclusive hotels in Mexico. Shout out to Daniel Gomez for being so accommodating. Give this man a raise!!! Food is amazing as well and there is so much to do

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pascal Dupuis, General Manager at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hola kevinhO4532TH! Thank you for your preference and for taking the time to share your feedback in our TripAdvisor profile. It truly is a reward to know that you were satisfied with our service and specially with Daniel's. I will certainly let him know about your kind comments. I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you again very soon. Best Regards, Pascal Dupuis.

Reviewed 22 January 2021

There is a TON of positive at this secluded and beautiful hotel - and the staff inside the resort were phenomenal - but the front desk, management and staff, are not supportive of Hyatt regulars like me, a globalist. The FRONT DESK made for negative bookends of this trip which really deflates the overall experience. Here's how:

For background, we had an unusual problem with our room. Our suite had a plunge pool on the patio. Using it late (11:30p) with the lights off, somehow the sliding glass door locked behind us and we were locked out of our room, in swimwear, no shoes, no phones, no lights, on the concrete patio with no way to climb down. In the end, we had to scream and scream help until another room finally called security and they came and let us out. It was pretty upsetting but grateful to have been 'rescued' by hotel staff. But here is why Hyatt elites should NOT choose this hotel:

With the above, the next day we met with the front desk. Despite being assured the night before the hotel would do something to 'make it right', the front desk manager refused to do anything for us being stranded on our patio. No points back. No food bill removed. Nothing to recognize the failure of the hotel room. On walking out of the hotel for the last time someone told us we could have lunch but we were walking out to leave and they knew that. I cannot believe NO accommodation was made for our stranding. I was stunned at the insensitivity.

Next, you can order what you want for breakfast as a globalist, but you are charged your tips (expensive at a resort). That is contrary to Hyatt T&Cs and has never been in a problem before ever staying on points with any Hyatt.

Next, we used a suite upgrade certificate to a beach area suite (great) but it is zero view and not beach side. At check-in, we asked if we could pay something to move to the other side of the building - one level room upgrade with other levels still above it. We waited 10 minutes at check-in for the person to make multiple calls who came back for a fee of $350US plus tax (35%) per night. That's $1,890 for a four night stay for a one-room level upgrade and that upgrade would still be three room levels away from the best. THAT IS MORE THAN WHAT THEY WERE CHARGING FOR ROOMS BY THEMSELVES! I can't belive they wasted 15 minutes at check-in - and the hotel was 30% occupancy! No elite consideration here!

Next, we arrived at 5:30p and again no energy of welcome at the front desk. We saw later passing by new check-ins being offered a welcome cocktail. That would have been nice after a long flight. No welcome cocktail. No welcome gift. No mention of globalist status. Similar to Motel 6 check-in but without the smile. Sorry but how we are received at the hotel sets the tone!

Next, before arriving, we called the hotel 2x to secure a reservation at Casa Amate before we arrived. Both times we were transferred around multiple times. Both times we were assured they would get us a 7:30 reservation. One person promised an email confirmation and took down my email. No reply to anything in advance and when we checked-in we were told without a reservation (no matter we called 2x in advance) they were full and we couldn't dine our first night.

Finally, we asked for a minimal late check-out of 2pm compared to 4pm globalist guarantee. We were told someone was checking in early for our current room (they were more important I guess) and that we would have to move rooms or leave at exactly 11am. Realize this is really two resorts, one a the beach and one near the lobby so we had to pack-up and move 1 mile away to be able to shower after our last beach hour to get at 2p late. I was willing to do it but again, front desk didn't offer anything unique for the trouble.

My wife is friends with everyone and she commented too the two times she went to the front desk that staff was not friendly.

Add up the above, and this was enough to have some recognition of trouble. The $2k offer to move one room level was ridiculous. I LOVE Hyatt. Lifetime Plat with Marriott and I couldn't be happier with Hyatt. I had 10 nights at the Park Hyatt Aviara in December which was flawless. BUT, THIS IS NOT A HOTEL I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANY HYATT REGULAR.

I know there are a lot of positive reviews fo this Andaz, but AVOID this hotel.

Room tip: Don't expect friendly service at check-in but good news, people are nice inside.

Dear Jason S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor as we do take our guests feedback extremely seriously.

We are of course disappointed to read that on this particular occasion we did not manage to meet or exceed your expectations, and for this I sincerely apologize. Some of the experiences you have describe are certainly not representative of the type of service we aim to provide to all our guests.

I am also sorry that you felt that as an Elite Hyatt member, you were not recognized and look after as such. I can ensure that we always express our gratitude to our Elite customers and I am sure many of them can testify in that sense.

It is also important for me to address each and every of your points, so the other to read. After all, this is also why the hotels have the opportunity to respond to TripAdvisor comments.

Regarding the unfortunate balcony door experience, we still cannot figure out what happened with the lock but I can certainly apologize again for the incident. My Chief Engineer and I went personally to the room after your departure and did all the tests on the lock and did not found any fault on it. I am sure you will agree that was an unfortunate and unforeseen incident and I am glad to read that our Security Agent did manage the situation the quickest as possible. I also understand that our Night Manager and my Front Office Manager apologize profoundly about it, demonstrating our care and empathy. Beside the sincere apologies and ensuring that you were fine, we did not expect that you will request and expect compensation for such incident. Nevertheless after you did, we agreed that we would be happy to offer your last lunch at Tinta Del Pulpo and David, your butler informed you a few hours prior departure.

I was myself horrified that the team, by mistake, tried to charge you around 710 MXN (around 35 USD) and I glad that you mentioned it and we removed them prior your check out and payment.

When a Globalist book with points and use one of his Suite Upgrade Voucher, we always allocated one of our Lagoon Suites or Beach Area Suites, both facing the Lagoon and Mangrove. Should a guest prefer to have a suite with an Ocean view or Beach front, we have a special upselling around 350 USD per night. Please note that these suites are sold 999 USD and 1,099 USD per night respectively so you can appreciate the discount of 350 USD represents. I am sorry that you felt this way about the offer. I also would like to clarify that you mentioned that the resort was running at 30%, maybe this was correct overall, but the Beach area part of the resort was more than 90% occupied during your stay.

I cannot agree more with you that your welcome experience without any special recognition and welcome drink was certainly not up to the standard we offer and for this, I sincerely apologize. I have discussed this matter with the team who also felt bad and apologize for this. Additionally, the service you have described about our Front Office team and Concierge regarding the restaurant reservations is also not acceptable.

Whenever we can, we provide late check out with no cost for our Elite Member, and when it is not possible, we offer a “Courtesy Hospitality room” so our Elite member can continue to enjoy their final hours of their holidays. Yes, our hospitality rooms are usually located at the Lagoon area, for the reason I explained about the occupancy of the beach area. I am sorry that you did not appreciate this offer. On that note, and to clarify your comment about “they were more important I guess”, it is not the case, it is just that we cannot tell a guest who booked and pay for a Beach Area Suite that it would be ready by 6pm when our check in time is 3pm.

We of course ALL feel very sad and sorry to read that you will not return to Andaz Mayakoba as I am sure we would have an opportunity to provide you with a much more positive impression. As a form of appreciation and to show our gratitude and empathy about your experience, I have instructed our Front Office Manager to provide your with 25,000 World of Hyatt Points to be reflected in your membership account I the coming days. This represent the equivalent of a one night stay. I do hope that you will change your mind and return to Andaz Mayakoba and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I am now addressing this to all other readers and Elite members, I also encourage you to read other reviews and let you the judges of the type of service we provide and look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Regards,

Pascal Dupuis

Reviewed 20 January 2021

Andaz Mayakoba is the perfect hotel if you are looking to relax, the place is impeccable, rooms are fantastic, the beach is incredible and a special thanks to Willy who made our breakfasts an experience, to Aldo, the concierge, who went above and beyond to enhance our experience and to Fabiola, at the hotel Spa. Best message to ever! What an amazing hotel! Thanks Andaz Mayakoba

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Pascal Dupuis, General Manager at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

Hola Lovetotravelmpb! Thank you very much for your preference and kind words shared on this platform.
It truly is a reward to learn that you had a wonderful experience with us. Our team, specially Willy, Aldo and Fabiola will be pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay and their service. Our guests' comfort and wellbeing are our main priority and it means a lot to read that we accomplished it with you. I look forward to welcome you again very soon in your home away from home. Best Regards, Pascal Dupuis.

Reviewed 16 January 2021

This was our family's 3rd visit to Andaz Mayakoba. The service seems to get better every year and that's saying a lot because it's always been incredible! The staff is top notch and so friendly at every level, from gardeners to housekeepers, waitstaff, everyone. Denisse was our "butler" this year and made the entire trip seamless for us, even messaging us on her days off. We travel with 7-15 famiyl members and they easily accommodate us. Rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast at cocina milagro was amazing, as well as food at the tinto pulpo. Everything felt clean and I never saw a staff member without a mask on. It's very easy to get transportation to other restaurants on the property. A great experience and we will be back.

Date of stay: January 2021
Pascal Dupuis, General Manager at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Hola bewbs_yes! Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback shared on our TripAdvisor profile and thank you for being one of our most loyal guests, we truly appreciate for your preference. I am very pleased to read your positive comments and how much you enjoyed your stay; our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests and it means a lot to read we accomplished it with you. I look forward to have you as our guest one more time in the near future. Best Regards, Pascal Dupuis

Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

Our family spent 7 nights at the Andaz Mayakoba in the Lagoon view suite with adjoining room.

The property is extremely clean, safe and welcoming. To a person the staff were warm, friendly and helpful.

We ate at all the restaurants on the property and were extremely satisfied with both the quality of the food and the service.

Because of the open layout of the resort social distancing is very easy and universally respected. I wish more resorts in the US would be as vigilant.

I would highly recommend the suite 2332 and adjoining room 2331 for families with teenage children. Along with the bikes that are free at the resort the space was safe but gave our kids a sense of independence.

We considered the beach suite but ended up being very happy with the Lagoon view which was centrally located. The Mayakoba golf course is stunning and a very good value particularly for junior players.

This is a really special place that is perfect for a family vacation.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hola MarkChristopher! Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay in our resort, I am so happy to read you and your family had such a wonderful experience. I am so proud of all our team who made sure you felt at home. I truly hope we have the opportunity to be your host one more time in the near future. Best Regards, Pascal Dupuis