A few quick notes about this hotel:
- I didn't like that there is no balcony. It's not a big deal but I like to have my own private outdoor space to sit and relax.
- there is no table and chairs in the room. So if you want to order room service from Cool Fish next door or buy a cupcake from 2 doors down, you have to sit on your bed or sit beside each other on the bench or sit out in the pool area. Again, I'd have preferred a small table with 2 chairs to sit and have a dinner and dessert alone.
- the pillows were like bags of peanuts. Not very comfortable. Next time I will bring my own or buy one the first day and leave it behind.
- a little inconsistent in the kitchen. Sometime omelets were done in 5 minutes, sometimes 35. Sometimes the coconut pancakes were and inch thick, other days they were 1/4 inch. And my biggest thing was there was super yummy yogurt (drinks or cups) out the first 2 days we were there then only one other time that week. I would have liked to have one every day (instead we ended up buying them at the corner store the night before and drinking them before we went up to the roof in the morning). Some days there was a cappuccino machine, some days it was gone.
The staff were very nice. The cleaning ladies did a good job on the room (we were always excited to get back and see what sort of animal they made our towels into). And the ladies in the kitchen on the roof were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated style with Mexican tradition - for adults only, this is a restful and exclusive hideaway in Playa del Carmen where tradition and modernity merge - making the ideal escape for couples looking for a romantic get-away. Casa Ticul is much more than just a hotel; it is a home away from home where our personalized service and warm atmosphere ensure a peaceful vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Casa Ticul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ticul Hotel
- Hotel Casa Ticul Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen