“Beyond expectations,”
Truly Memorable
Come. Enjoy.
Media Room
Cooking Classes Available
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

clichwala
Melbourne, Florida
“Beyond expectations,”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I returned two days ago from a week long cooking class at this hacienda. It's located about half an hour outside of Merida. Property is beautiful and well maintained. The buildings were renovated perfectly. Kept with the Spanish colonial style yet has modern amenities in rooms. The area around the main house consists of patios with views of the gardens, and a stunning pool area . There is a spa and gym area away from main areas in a beautiful jungle type area. Game room is huge and well stocked.
My room, and others, were more than comfortable. They were large, tastefully decorated, immaculate, and more than I could have wanted. My bathroom was spa like. The flowers decorating the bed,, the mats, the sink, tub and shower were a beautiful touch, I hated to move them.
Cooking classes were held in a new building with a state of art kitchen! I have attended travel cooking classes elsewhere. This kitchen is the best! We were given an outline of our week when we arrived. The classes were very good. I would have liked more detailed learning and more time in classes. The mixology classes were a waste for me since I don't drink. But others seemed to enjoy them.
The food! Oh the food! Everything was incredible! Meals were served either in a huge stunning colonial style dining room or patio. Breakfast was served on a patio near pool tucked into a huge tree. The details paid to decorating the tables and napkin folding was amazing. I have numerous photos of the tables and napkins. It's art! Service is excellent. First class!
The trip to the market was not a pleasant experience. I have been to Merida a few times prior to this trip and knew how beautiful of a city it is. This first view the tour provided was not the best. Rather bad. Too much time in market which was extremely hot and crowded. There was just a few minute walk to a small museum in the zocalo. Then a trip to a sherbet place on the zocalo. Not enough of the history of the beautiful area.. No time to see anything. We then walked to one of my favorite parks for a visit to a chocolate store. I was not interested in a chocolate store. So much beauty to see and we saw a chocolate store and sorbet place.
Back into van they drive on the grand boulevard , paseo de montejo. So a very quick drive by of Merida. I would recommend going a few days early and staying in Merida before going to the hacienda.
Trip to uxmal was very nice. A picnic lunch at another hacienda was also very nice. It was an interesting day
Music on last evening was beautiful. Of course there are CDs for sale after. I did not buy one. Don't like that done. But that's me. Others purchased a cd.
My room did not have Internet connection. This was not pleasant. I had to go to main house area to connect. so last in the ending or early morning I had not access unless I dressed and went to main area. When I made FaceTime calls, I did not have privacy.
Overall I recommend the hacienda and will probably will return with friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Service
Liked least: Lack of Internet in room
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Large groups
Management Response
20 Oct 2015
Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We take all of your comments to heart. We appreciate your input regarding the Merida tour. The usual historical tour of Merida does not include these stops. They are only part of the cooking class tour,but we will certainly reevaluate this itinerary carefully. The internet router in your room has now been replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience of that outage during your stay. We're delighted to hear you're considering a return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Mickey M
Austin, Texas
“Elegant and Luxurious”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The whole experience at Hacienda Petac was totally satisfying. I recommend it highly. It's an absolutely gorgeous place. The villa itself has been restored impeccably, the rooms are elegant and luxurious, and the grounds are spectacular. Filled with lush tropical foliage. The cooking classes were fun, the food was good, the service impeccable. I was there for a week long "culinary adventure" put together by Epitourean.com. These adventures are perfect for a woman traveling alone. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, you make lots of new friends and never feel left out or awkward because you're not traveling with a partner. All in all, a great experience, and I intend to do more of these.

Travelling group: Solo
NancyWWH1...
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Paradise - perfect week of pampering and fabulous food”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Hacienda Petac is a truly unique place to stay. The property is wonderfully restored and beautifully appointed. The grounds are landscaped perfectly and the rooms are large and luxurious. However the most amazing part of Petac is the staff. The property manager, Colleen, is amazing. Along with her charming staff, Colleen looks after every need of the guests. Hot coffee is brought to your door daily, followed by a gourmet breakfast on the patio by the pool. Laundry service is provided daily and someone is always asking if they can get anything for you to drink. Upon arrival our room was decorated in fresh flowers, flowers adorned the table at every meal. Colleen arranged for us to tour Merida, Celestun and Uxmal. The driver and guide were wonderful. I highly recommend those outings during your stay at the Hacienda. Petac is a little piece of paradise!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The staff
Liked least: coming home
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Geof S
Keene, New Hampshire
“I have never experienced this kind of luxury before!”
Reviewed 5 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

This place is absolutely fabulous! The food is tremendous, the room was airy and spacious - and the flower petal arrangements on the bed and towel surfaces were works of art, and the amenities all first rate. The staff was very, very pleasant and the manager, Colleen attends to every need. The package we had included a trip to the market in Merida which was fun and nothing like you'd find in the U.S., and the excursion to the Mayan ruins led by a very knowledgeable guide. Absolutely first rate all the way around!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The accomodations, food, staff
Liked least: At times the bird songs were overwhelming!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Richard M
Sarasota, Florida
“We found a slice of paradise in the heart of the Yucatan.”
Reviewed 27 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family just returned from Hacienda Petac, twelve of us ranging from twenty-one months to seventy three years. We have been going together a week each year for fourteen years and we all agree that this vacation was exceptional.
The Hacienda has been restored to a serene oasis. At each turn there is something that stirs your senses: water, flowers, old arches, relics from the working days, birds calling, and the wonderful aroma from the kitchen. The rooms are very private, comfortable and spacious with everything one would find in a luxury hotel. All this comfort and physical beauty is enhanced by a staff and service that is unsurpassed. Quietly your bed is made with flowers, the napkins are a work of art, your thirst is quenched and delicious meals are served in many locations. With Colleen at the helm, the locals add a touch of warmth and caring.
Our grandsons played soccer with the town boys, we visited the Myan ruins, saw the native flamingos, and toured Merida with a very knowledgable guide provided by the Hacienda. When we stayed at the Hacienda we used the spa services and equipment, played croquet, pool, ping-pong, swam, and found a little time to read in a native hammock.
It was an experience of a lifetime for all generations.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Management Response
4 Mar 2015
Many thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are so pleased that Hacienda Petac provided a memorable family vacation worthy of your kind praise. We are humbled and most appreciative that you chose to spend your vacation with us.
Warm regards from all of us at Hacienda Petac.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing