See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We arrived with no plan, and found a deal the market place for an all day excursion. The deal was for a tour of the Mayan Ruins, the salt mines, and all inclusive beach/food/drink access here at Technotel for $40. This review is for the beach portion, the beach was nice but the water was not very inviting. Water was murky and very cold. (obviously not any fault of the hotel.) Pool area was nice, drinks were ok, food was not very good. We were starving and we already payed for the all inclusive so we ate, and drank enough to forget about the boring tour.... Overall it was okay. If i was to do it over, I would have gotten lunch at a place in town, bought a 6 pack, and walked to the public beach. (we found out later was free, and just as nice.)
1 more comment.... The message on the beach was pretty good, however the masseuse was talking smack the whole time! about me, my hubby, where my wallet was, and the guy who sold us the tour. At he end I let her know I understood her, and she acted like she did not understand me... Very annoying and unprofessional

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I went on a cruise with a group of ladies. We were originally to port in Cozumel & already had reservations at Mr
Sanchos but instead we had to go to Progreso. Needless to say we were disappointed & wanted to go to a beach resort but didn't want to pay a high price. After getting off of the ship we took a free bus off of the 5 mile pier to an open air market where a man on the bus with a TripAdvisor shirt on told us about different excursions. We chose the beach excursion for $35 each. We were given yellow arm bands & told to wait 15 minutes & we would be getting on another bus to go to the resort. But that bus didn't take us to the resort it took us to another bus terminal that was very crowded & we really weren't sure what to do so we just followed the other people with yellow arm bands on. We finally got on another tour bus & were told it would be a 20 minute ride to the resort. After what seemed an hour we made it to the resort. It was beautiful, a little crowded though. We went to the less crowded pool. The water was very cold but it felt good because it was so hot & humid. We didn't eat even though it was included, I got a Coke to drink & my friend got a couple of daqueries. We were there 3 hours & had a long ride back with a bunch of intoxicated people. We were worried that we wouldn't get back to the ship in time but our tour guide said that we would. Our bus driver did not speak english. We did arrive in time. I'm glad I went but probably wouldn't do it again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malisa T
Reviewed 4 March 2017

As somewhat seasoned travelers we have learned to avoid booking tours through the cruiseline and do it on your own. We have found that we always have just as much fun at shore and for a lot less doing it ourselves. Progreso was no different. We took the shuttle bus down the peer and when we arrived in town we were told about an excursion to an all inclusive beach resort which included food, drink, pools, lounge chairs and umbrellas for only $35. We figured we had nothing to lose so we paid up and went.

Boy what a good choice this was. While people on our ship were paying upwards of $79 or more we got the same type thing for much less. We were taken to the Technotel Beach and Resort. The drinks were great. The food was amazing. The service was spot on and we had an amazing time. So the lesson to learn is to avoid the pricey ship excursions because you can do it for much less on your own. I know the next time we go to Progreso we will be going to the Technotel.

Shout out to our guide Mario Lopez for helping to make our excursion very enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We purchased tickets to this fairly new all inclusive beach/resort in the plaza after we got off the cruise ship. Very reasonably priced at $35 each. Food, liquor, beach, pool included. Beach a little seaweedy, lots of shells. Not enough tables and chairs or lounge chairs for the beach. Bar right on beach, with waiters serving you. Pool area very nice. Lots of tables and chairs all around pool. Food, buffet style, but very good, very fresh, very hot. Drinks delicious! About a 15 minute bus ride, included in the purchase of ticket.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were planning to "wing it" for a day in Progresso when we got off the cruise ship. We rode the free bus down the pier into town. There was a representative of that company that shared tours that were available...
We spent the day there (3 or 4 hours) and paid $35 for all you can eat and drink....it was a great deal. Additionally, we did couples massage for $20/PERSON
The food was good but not a lot of variety. Traditional Nachos, Chicken fajitas, rice, beans, salsa.. the drinks were great, easy to get and never a hassle to get another.
Great bang for your buck if you are in the area... they also had a Mariachi Band later in the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple