See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 February 2018

This hotel bills itself as a business hotel but it is close enough to historical center to serve tourists like us too. The woman who took our reservation was very polite and friendly and she kindly showed us a room the day before we reserved it. Her English was quite good. the room we had for our first was was 750$ pesos but it was very narrow and we kept bumping into each other. We upgraded for the next two nights to 850$ pesos and that was a big improvement in the amount of space. The pool is very pleasant but didn't get a lot of use from anyone other than us. The restaurant serves good food but the service is slow and it is closed on Sundays. The AC worked fine and the beds were comfy and it was clean. As several other people have said, VERY little English is spoken in this hotel, so it is helpful to know a little Spanish so you can meet them half way. For a so called business hotel, the WIFI was among the worst we have experienced in our month+ in Mexico.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017

My family and myself spent some days in Merida couple of days ago, we stayed at this hotel because a friend of mine booked this hotel for us. When I saw the pictures on the internet I trusted my friend's choice because I saw the four star in the hotel page, and also because the price listed on the internet was very affordable - 800 MXN a night, hence we went for it without hesitation.
When we arrived everything seemed fine, good location, good price and good service from the staff, however, next day the bad experience began - it was 3PM and the room was not clean, you can get only one key for the room (magnetic plastic card), so forget about getting a duplicate if you lost it. Hotel is noisy and dirty, it was 11 PM and a group of young scholars was drinking and partying in the pool, staff didn't mind in telling them to observe pool hours. The sheets in my room were old, and smelled bad. The gym was dirty and had really old equipment.
Hotel is advertising itself as a four start hotel which is not true, for me there is very thin line between this hotel and a Motel.
Price is OK and location is good, just mind that you won't be staying in a well-run hotel and if you're not lucky you might have the same experience I had.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Far from 4* hotel as is shown in lobby and their page. Quite dirty, staff in front desk do not speak English at all. Our room, "bussines category" is dirty and window facing next wall which is 1 meter away...so it is ok for overnight 1 night but if you have other choice go to some other hotels which are offered for same price and much higher standard. I do not reccommend it!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is not a luxury stay but I found it acceptable for a 2-stay when visiting Merida. I'd choose it primarily for its good location but if you plan to stay in the hotel and want to sit by the pook this hotel is not for you. The pool is rather small so ok for the kids to play in but don't expect to actually 'swim'.
We had 1 nice room with good airco but the other room was small, dark and smelled like previous residents smoked in the room - so ask for a different room if yours looks shabby.
Wifi in the ground floor rooms was good.
Breakfast was poor (below average of what we experienced during our stay in Mexico) so I'd advise to go out and look for a bakery.

Room tip: there are nice rooms so ask for a different room if yours looks shabby
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

We have enjoyed our stay here. Clean rooms and beds were very comfortable. close to the central park and a variety of shops are near. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be staying here again great location

Date of stay: September 2015