All reviewscurtis and ashleyhoneymoon suitecurtis makespalapa suitesswinging bedpoolside bungalowcurtis' breakfaststeeth hurtmargaritas and pina coladasswing bargolf cartperfect hostsconch shellsno kids allowedmade from scratchevery morningbed and breakfast
Reviewed 5 April 2011

This is the place you wanna go to! Unfortunately we could only stay for a few days since this place was already fully booked but it was very much worth it!

The owners are very friendly and helpful, they will show you the best places to eat, dive and have fun on this Island. The breakast wast the best we had in Mexico and above that, the prices are very reasonable.

for whomever is looking for a place to stay at Isla Mujeres, I hope you can get a room here, it is worth trying!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2011

This was our fourth time at Villa La Bella -- we just can't stay away. From the famed pina coladas to the stunning ocean views to the swinging bed in Palapa 1, VLB has become an annual staple. Curtis and Ashley continue to be impeccable hosts; by now, they know all too well our quest for the perfect taco al pastor, and they share Isla's latest culinary developments with expertise and delight. When Mr. Abunbn was feeling under the weather on the last day of our trip, Curtis even prepared a bowl of chicken soup to see him through our return to the prairie. That kind of gesture goes well beyond innkeeper hospitality: Villa La Bella really is a home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mapplethorpe
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the Island! Ashley and Curtis are amazing and extremely helpful, they treated us like family. This Bed and Breakfast was made with love and it shows! It exceeded our expectations, the staff was also wonderful. If your looking for a real "get away," this is it. Its located on the quiet side of the Island and has a very relaxing vibe.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This is a truly amazing place to stay. This was my first visit to Isla Mujeres, and I was traveling alone, and Ashley and Curtis made me feel right at home from the minute I got there. They really care about your experience at their place—and on the island. The poolside room I had was so comfortable and quiet. Very clean and the bed was so comfortable. There was an AC & a mini fridge and the best conch shell shower. The place was quiet and as private as you want it to be but also a nice place to mingle with other guests. Ashley and Curtis directed me to great places to eat, and I was never disappointed. But I could have spent the whole time at Villa and had a relaxing stay with amazing ocean views and nice outside lounging area and bar. When I had an early flight and forgot to arrange check-out with them the night before, both Ashley and Curtis were up early with a danish and taxi waiting for me. The most hospitable people and place. I can't leave a glowing enough review.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This was my second stay and my sisters first visit to Villa La Bella. What can I say that hasn't already been said before. Curtis and Ashley have mastered the art and science of catering to everyones needs. They make it look so easy, allow their guests full relaxation but they also run a tight ship. If the "devil is in the details" then the angel (Ashley) is in the charm. Leave your cares and woes behind, both Ashley and Curtis will look after you with such grace and love that you will be planning your next trip before you even board your plane home. I have worked in the travel industry in the past and I know what a difficult job they must have at times. But they never allow you to know this or worry about a thing.
Last but not least, they have added a new feature, the wonderful happy hour(s) on Friday night. We had a live singer(thank your John) and wonderful food from Barlitos (thanks Tiffany and Brad!). And what a great way to meet many of the wonderful people from all over the globe that have made Isla their new home.
As before, I give this island oasis my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: March 2011