“Chicken Soup for the Soul”
Review of Villa La Bella

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Villa La Bella
Ranked #1 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2011

This was our fourth time at Villa La Bella -- we just can't stay away. From the famed pina coladas to the stunning ocean views to the swinging bed in Palapa 1, VLB has become an annual staple. Curtis and Ashley continue to be impeccable hosts; by now, they know all too well our quest for the perfect taco al pastor, and they share Isla's latest culinary developments with expertise and delight. When Mr. Abunbn was feeling under the weather on the last day of our trip, Curtis even prepared a bowl of chicken soup to see him through our return to the prairie. That kind of gesture goes well beyond innkeeper hospitality: Villa La Bella really is a home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mapplethorpe

Reviewed 29 March 2011

I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the Island! Ashley and Curtis are amazing and extremely helpful, they treated us like family. This Bed and Breakfast was made with love and it shows! It exceeded our expectations, the staff was also wonderful. If your looking for a real "get away," this is it. Its located on the quiet side of the Island and has a very relaxing vibe.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This is a truly amazing place to stay. This was my first visit to Isla Mujeres, and I was traveling alone, and Ashley and Curtis made me feel right at home from the minute I got there. They really care about your experience at their place—and on the island. The poolside room I had was so comfortable and quiet. Very clean and the bed was so comfortable. There was an AC & a mini fridge and the best conch shell shower. The place was quiet and as private as you want it to be but also a nice place to mingle with other guests. Ashley and Curtis directed me to great places to eat, and I was never disappointed. But I could have spent the whole time at Villa and had a relaxing stay with amazing ocean views and nice outside lounging area and bar. When I had an early flight and forgot to arrange check-out with them the night before, both Ashley and Curtis were up early with a danish and taxi waiting for me. The most hospitable people and place. I can't leave a glowing enough review.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This was my second stay and my sisters first visit to Villa La Bella. What can I say that hasn't already been said before. Curtis and Ashley have mastered the art and science of catering to everyones needs. They make it look so easy, allow their guests full relaxation but they also run a tight ship. If the "devil is in the details" then the angel (Ashley) is in the charm. Leave your cares and woes behind, both Ashley and Curtis will look after you with such grace and love that you will be planning your next trip before you even board your plane home. I have worked in the travel industry in the past and I know what a difficult job they must have at times. But they never allow you to know this or worry about a thing.
Last but not least, they have added a new feature, the wonderful happy hour(s) on Friday night. We had a live singer(thank your John) and wonderful food from Barlitos (thanks Tiffany and Brad!). And what a great way to meet many of the wonderful people from all over the globe that have made Isla their new home.
As before, I give this island oasis my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We had such a wonderful time at Villa la Bella! Curtis and Ashley were the perfect hosts. They welcomed us like old friends and quickly made us feel right at home. The hotel is like a little oasis - with hammocks, beds, lounge chairs, bar swings, a pool and a hot tub. We loved the hotel surroundings so much, we spent two days there just lounging by the pool, sipping their delicious pina coladas!

The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and brightly colored, each with a view of the pool and the ocean. No TVs, no clocks, no alarms...nothing but the sound of the ocean to lull you to sleep and the morning sun to wake you up. And once you roll out of bed, you're treated to one of Curtis' amazing breakfasts! My wife and I are both vegetarian and Curtis went out of his way to make sure the breakfasts were veggie-friendly.

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to relax, soak up the sun, and enjoy the island. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple